- Pay Rate:
£23.87 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6 months
- CROYDON, London,
Interim Project Engineer - Coring
Reference no: Croydon 7398-1
Pay rate: £23.87 per hour PAYE
Hours per week: 36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6 months
City: CROYDON, London
Attend and visit various locations within the Croydon boundary – 90% field work
Full UK driving licence and vehicle
The purpose of this role is, in response to new legislation, to take the lead on introducing processes to close historic trenches in the most efficacious manner. Lead on site meetings to represent the Council to uphold it reputational and financial obligations. Ability to serve S74, FPNs and defect fines required and ability to raise to challenges by statutory undertakers on the fines imposed.
- Take the lead on introducing processes to close historic trenches in the most efficacious manner.
- Lead on site meetings to represent the Council to uphold it reputational and financial obligations.
- Serve S74, FPNs and defect fines required and raise to challenges by statutory undertakers on the fines imposed.
- Drafting and processing procedures for coring schemes, including failed cores, routine NRSWA inspections, traffic management.
- Ensure that the correct legislation is adhered to and maintain an up to date knowledge of highway legislation and a broad understanding of the Council’s policies in that area.
- Assist in the preparation and the implementation of the coring scheme from end to end. Setting up processes that show estimating/recording all associated costs, issuing invoices to and ensuring that payments are received from the outside contractor bodies.
- Increase cost recovery income, design and implement a programme of inspecting routine, reinstatement utility inspections to complement the existing sample inspections.
- Ensure that efficient and effective administration and computerised systems are in place and to provide professional, technical, management advice both to the public internal departments.
- Provide scheduling, which allows the most effective deployment of resources in response to changing workload patterns and carry out cost benefit analyses on proposed revenue schemes.
- To manage and undertake meetings with utilities and contractors.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via job[email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- A’ levels in mathematics, geography or physics or ONC/OND/HNC/BTEC or degree in Civil Engineering (or equivalent qualification) NRSWA accreditation.
- Experience in street works and its legislation.
- Conversant with SROH and coring.
- Inspection, assessment, design and delivery of engineering projects and schemes.
- Interrogation and analyse engineering data.
- Commissioning/undertaking engineering studies and interrogation and analysis of engineering data.
- Use of relevant computer software.
- In depth knowledge of the SROH for interpretation of coring results.
- Sound knowledge of street and road works legislation and Health and Safety at live sites.
- Excellent knowledge of the works of the street register and Street Manager.
- Undertake liaison duties with utilities and sound knowledge and understanding of their apparatus. In depth knowledge of reinstatement materials and performance level on different classification of roads.
- Sound up-to date knowledge and understanding of specialist area of engineering and associated IT systems, applications and packages.
- Good working knowledge of engineering contracts and contract law for the effective delivery of works.
- Knowledge of procedures and decision making processes in a complex, politically directed organisation.
- Working knowledge of legal agreements and their use to secure improvements to the borough’s infrastructure including its economic development and regeneration.
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to work out of doors in all weathers. Able to attend meetings and other duties outside normal working hours.
- Ability to serve S74, FPNs and defect fines required and ability to raise to challenges by statutory undertakers on the fines imposed.
- Ability to work on own initiative and be part of a small team.
- Ability to investigate, analyse, design and deliver engineering schemes as lead and in partnership with others.
- Ability to work under pressure, both independently and as part of a team, using initiative to achieve set deadlines and manage conflicting priorities.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with councillors, stakeholders and customers on complex engineering issues.
- Ability to manage performance and develop working relationship with contractors.
- Ability to manage own time.
- Able to take decision on own initiative out in the field.
- Ability to manage utility contractors.
- Full UK driving licence and vehicle.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
Full Driving licence, access to a vehicle or access to means of mobility support.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Project Engineer – Coring
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.