- Pay Rate:
£13.21 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
- Wembley, London,
Temporary Programmed Work Caretaker x15 – Facilities
Reference no: Brent 5224787
Pay Rate: £13.21 per hour PAYE
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
The purpose of the role is to be responsible for ensuring that cleaning of housing properties meets or exceeds the agreed standards and frequencies to internal and external areas of the council estates. Contribute as an effective and collaborative member of the Estate Services Team.
- Make a positive contribution to the delivery of customer focused Estate Services; working flexibly and positively to achieve the objectives of the services and the council.
- Key External Contacts: Key resident contacts; Contractors delivering estate services and Repairs service; Utility companies.
- Key Internal Contacts: Tenancy team; Neighbourhood inspectors; Neighbourhood Safety Officers; Customer Experience team.
- Remove bulky items and fly tips from internal and external areas of housing sites across the borough.
- Carry out deep internal and external cleaning (including bin/bin chambers and graffiti) across the housing sites in line with the deep cleaning programme.
- Carry out window cleaning for the communal areas up to third floor across the housing sites in line with the programmed schedules.
- Drive light goods vehicle with either automatic or manual gears (candidates must possess a full and valid UK driving licence) and manage day-to-day operation of vehicles/machineries to ensure an effective delivery of the service for fly-tips or deep cleaning service.
- May be placed with any of the teams (Fly Tipping or Window Cleaning or Deep Cleaning) and moved from one team to the other as required.
- Use appropriate equipment and cleaning products to ensure cleaning meets or exceeds the agreed cleaning standards and frequencies.
- Ensure the safety and maintenance of the council’s cleaning equipment, machinery and vehicles and take all possible steps to prevent loss, theft or damage.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
*** Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- An understanding of the social housing sector.
- An understanding of Health & safety requirements relating to COSHH and Risk Assessment.
- Experience of working with the public in a service delivery environment.
- Able to carry out basic repairs and maintenance of estate assets (eg, change light bulbs, Fix estate signage etc).
- Experience of carrying out basic cleaning tasks.
- Able to read and write and carry out basic counting and arithmetic.
- Able to respond positively and politely to people seeking services.
- Takes personal responsibility for dealing with issues, helping colleagues deal with problems and anticipating the impact of own actions on service users.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Appropriate valid UK driver’s licence.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Programmed Work Caretaker x15 – Facilities
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.