- Pay Rate:
£600.00 per day PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- Bristol, City of Bristol,
Interim Programme Manager – Infrastructure
Job Ref: WECA 5241302
Pay Rate: £600.00 per day PAYE
Hours per week: 37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
Role Length: This opening assignment is for 3 months
City: Bristol, City of Bristol
The purpose of the role is to lead delivery programme, in conjunction with partners, in support of our Joint Local Transport Plan and Environmental Strategies. Monitor, report and provide support for bus projects funded by the Combined Authority but delivered by others.
- Lead a suite of projects to time, cost and quality, engaging with key internal and external stakeholders to ensure success.
- Lead the development of projects from concept to physical delivery and post opening evaluation in conjunction with the Transport Team
- Ensure the portfolio of projects links clearly with the overall Business Plan and Local Industrial Strategy.
- Commission, procure and manage technical resources required for the delivery of projects via the West of England Professional Services Framework.
- Manage the procurement of construction contracts and subsequent contractual project management in conjunction with the Procurement Team.
- Report on project progress to internal and external stakeholders and through the PMO, and democratic governance structure.
- Collaborate effectively with Public Transport Operators, Unitary Authorities and other partners to ensure the portfolio of projects aligns with regional priorities.
- Manage the production of business cases to bid for project funding through the Combined Authorities governance, Central Government and other third-party funders and their respective approach to project evaluation.
- Lead multi-disciplinary project teams to ensure successful delivery.
- Lead meetings and present to key senior stakeholders on progress against delivery.
- Present complex engineering schemes clearly and concisely in plain English to a range of stakeholders including the local media.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Educated to degree level in relevant academic subject with technical knowledge or have the relevant practical experience to demonstrate a commensurate level of technical knowledge within the transport sector.
- Qualification or significant experience in relevant project management disciplines and their practical application, including Risk Management.
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Experience of large complex programme delivery particularly in Infrastructure
- Managing multi-disciplinary technical teams.
- Management of construction contracts and negotiating contract changes.
- Experience of initiating and running quantitative risk assessments (QRA).
- Collating, preparing and presenting complex information to a range of key stakeholders to secure buy-in and engagement, including project performance reporting.
- Collaborative working environments.
- In depth knowledge of UK civil engineering design and construction projects.
- Good knowledge of UK and EU Public Procurement Requirements.
- Good knowledge of Business Case development for public sector funding in the UK.
- Excellent knowledge of the requirements of Corporate and Construction Health & Safety.
Skills & Abilities:
- Leadership skills and can operate with minimal direction.
- Excellent project / programme management skills.
- Excellent communicator.
- Demonstrable commercial awareness.
- Understanding of working in a political environment.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Programme Manager – Infrastructure
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.