- Pay Rate:
£29.45 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 5 months
- Newham, London,
Interim Programme Manager – Housing & Land
Reference no: GLA 0007 2588 / 1
Pay Rate: £29.45 per hour PAYE
This opening assignment is for 5 months
Hybrid working – 2 days in the office and 3 working from home
Basic DBS disclosure required for this role
Programme Manager will lead, develop and implement programme management processes for the LEDU, performance management of projects and expenditure against budgets, tracking of deliverables and risk and issues management. Produce clear, accurate and timely senior level reports, options appraisals and recommendations to the LEDU Leadership Team and Major Projects Group to monitor programme delivery against the London Estates Board targets.
- To create and put in place systems for the effective management, improvement and delivery of a complex programme across London.
- To develop project and financial schedules and procedures in relation to the London NHS estate portfolio. This will include the preparation of regular project monitoring reports to include outputs, capital requirements, risks etc, including 'dashboards', and LEB papers where required.
- Manage and control the overall monitoring of programme financial information such as income and expenditure forecasts, cash flow management, spend against budget and oversee the project financial monitoring undertaken by project leads.
- To develop tracking systems to assist in the recording of performance of the LEDU against key regional and national targets.
- On behalf of the LEDU act as a key operational interface with Devolution partners and liaise with STPs, CCGs and providers to support programme and project management.
- Enable leads to monitor and evaluate project activities and milestones against targets. Produce programme and project communication and reports in order to track and report on project progress.
- Maintain effective working relationships with stakeholders - supporting the core project and financial work streams associated with the management and development of the London capital pipeline.
- Influence the development of a NHS land & property asset database for London that will ensure that all data is consistent, accurate and relevant.
- Develop, implement and manage guidelines and standardised approaches to support and maintain good programme and project management practices for the LEB and LEDU.
- Provide the LEDU Leadership Team with oversight of risk assessments with periodic reviews of the whole risk register and ensuring that the programme governance and risk management are in line with procedures and policies.
- Provide expert advice and leadership in the management of the IT systems and processes to ensure that business systems are fit for purpose, accurate and operating effectively.
- Enable the LEDU Programme Director to realise the benefits of NHS opportunities and wider public-sector collaboration.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Degree level qualification and/or appropriate professional qualifications/membership.
- A relevant professional qualification (MSP/APMP/Prince2/or equivalent) or relevant experience.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Experience of developing and establishing business and programme management processes;
- Experience of controlling large budgets and preparation of cash flows and management accounts;
- Well-developed IT skills and experience of using project management and financial management software packages;
- Experience of commissioning, procurement and managing consultants;
- Strong organisational and planning skills including experience of operating in highly pressured and complex environments;
- Significant experience and evidence of effective report writing;
- Experience of senior level stakeholder engagement;
- Excellent written and oral communications skills;
- Good judgement and awareness of business needs;
- An understanding of NHS estate and finance management arrangements; and
- Experience of producing and delivering presentations to a wide audience.
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Programme Manager – Housing & Land
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.