- Pay Rate:
Up to £597.71. per day PAYE depending on experiance
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 12 months
- WEST BROMPTON, LONDON,
Interim Programme Manager
Reference no: MPX TCLZ 0008 6B5C / 1
Pay Rate: Up to £597.71. per day PAYE depending on experiance
Hours per week: 36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 12 months
City: WEST BROMPTON, LONDON
Only candidates with current security clearance will be considered for this role
This role require DV clearance this must be already held and active – we are unable to consider any candidates who do not hold this level of vetting currently – please do not apply if you do not have this clearance
The Programme Manager will be responsible for the successful delivery of National and/or London Region Counter Terrorism Policing change programme(s), as deployed by the Head of Project & Programme Management Services (Head of PPMS). The Programme Manager will routinely be matrix-managed: line managed by Head of PPMS, but also held responsible by the respective programme SRO and board for the overall delivery of a given programme.
The post holder will work flexibly across the National CT Policing and Protection Commands change portfolio as required by the Head of PPMS and may work on, or provide oversight of a given programme or projects at any time depending on the scale and complexity of change involved. The post holder may also work on collaborative / joint programmes with CT partner agencies.
The Programme Manager will work closely with other Programme Manager(s), the Head of Portfolio Management Office, Senior Responsible Owners (SROs) and Project Executives, Programme Directors (for significant change programmes) and other Unit Heads, e.g. Head of Strategy and Head of Finance. The Programme Manager will be responsible for establishing an appropriately scaled and costed delivery team; as such, the Programme Manager is likely to manage blended teams of resource which would typically include, permanent officers and staff, contractors and consultants. This would require robust contract management, including related commercial market engagement, and lead blended teams. In their role as Programme Manager a dedicated Programme Management Office, as well as other enabling support such as benefits and change managers from the PfMO, will also support them.
The Programme Manager will take a proactive role in recognising where intervention is required to enable successful delivery of the change outcomes for their programme(s). They will demonstrate a strong ability to identify and understand strategic linkages; they will also provide expertise in the delivery of programme and project management methodology and work with operational stakeholders to ensure effective delivery. The post holder will identify key issues and work in partnership to resolve them. The Band A Programme Manager will directly lead and manage the delivery team for the programme they are progressing.
- Responsible for the successful delivery of specific National Counter Terrorism and Protection Command change programmes, as deployed by the Head of PPMS.
- Ensure the implementation of programme and project management standards, processes and product sets (as defined by the Portfolio Office Centre of Excellence) across the change programmes and projects within direct responsibility.
- Construct, manage and own their programme plans, and manage the key dependencies & constraints across their plans.
- Identify any dependencies and manage with other national or London CT & PS Programme Managers.
- Identify key issues and resolutions, or escalate where appropriate.
- Responsible for successful transition of deliverables into BAU – as determined by approved design and business cases(s).
- Ensure change programmes remain aligned with the strategic objectives and the target-operating model for CT Policing.
- Leading on the stakeholder engagement and management in respect of the programmes the post holder has responsibility for.
- Develop programme level business cases (as designed by the project and programme lifecycle), coordinate approvals and sign off for business cases and their subsequent successful delivery.
- Identify constraints within their change programmes such as funding or resources and work with the Head of PPMS to overcome them.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Managing Successful Programme (MSP): Advanced Practitioner or Practitioner (or recognised industry equivalent qualification).
- PRINCE2: Practitioner (or recognised industry equivalent qualification). (desirable)
- Contract Management: Foundation Course. (desirable)
- Change Management Qualification (desirable)
- Knowledge and experience in applying programme and project management approaches, specifically the processes and techniques involved in planning, forecasting, managing and controlling large areas of work.
- Strong situational awareness and business acumen, able to tailor style and approach to a variety of situations, and comfortable of working with a degree of ambiguity or uncertainty.
- Previous experience of working in (local) government, a security agency or policing is essential.
- Experience of working in and delivering collaborative, multi-agency / joint programmes (or complex projects) into multiple business units / businesses, with hybrid team construct.
- Experience in managing an organisational change (transformation / redesign) driven programme, often enabled by technology, and successfully delivering service improvements (effectiveness), and/or productivity improvements and / or cost reduction (efficiencies).
- Experience in establishing an effective governance model, defining and implementing impactful stakeholder management strategies and supporting communications plans.
- Experience of actively and effectively managing risks, issues, dependencies and assumptions – and applying strong change control – at a programme level.
- Experience in supplier and contract management, in a change programme context, including, but not limited, to defining requirements, supplier selection / vfm, contract management planning - definition and application, supplier performance management and closure.
- Experience in business case development and assessment, planning and the application of good practice processes, and subsequent business case delivery, including benefits realisation management.
- Experience in programme or project transition to BAU, including implementation of related service management deliverables in accordance with respective design and business case.
- Experience in delivering programmes constituted of multiple workstreams, deploying a range of concurrent lifecycle frameworks, such: change, business design / operating model development, technology / engineering development and delivery, and estate planning / delivery.
- Operating within a project / programme delivery environment with personal responsibility for delivering against a defined plan, including tranche, release and phase management.
Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent managerial and leadership skills.
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills at a senior level, geared to deliver outcomes.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, and senior stakeholder engagement skills including experience in developing briefings for senior management.
- Strong IT skills in the use of Microsoft Products, including project / programme management software (e.g. Microsoft Project).
- Analytical and problem solving skills required to troubleshoot programmes.
- Highly organised and able to meet demanding deadlines in a pressured environment.
- Ability to self-task based on strategic direction, ensuring the delivery of the given scope of work of their programme(s), on time and to budget in accordance with the programme plan.
- Ability to communicate with staff at all levels across the organisation, at both the strategic and tactical level.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.