- Pay Rate:
£26.16 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 12 months
- RHYMNEY VALLEY,
Interim Programme Lead - CCR Energy
Reference no: Cardiff RQ786688
Pay rate £26.16 per hour PAYE
A competent experienced programme manager is required to support with the re-development of the decommissioned powerplant. This will include contract & facilities management, liaison with a variety of groups, communication with all partners, complex problem solving, budget & project management
- To ensure that specified key milestones are achieved to deliver vision and the broader aims of the Masterplan.
- Manage the sequencing of the projects that will be identified in the wider masterplan.
- To be responsible for the delivery of specified major projects, implementing a long-term programme of activity, managing the procurement of contractors, developing innovative solutions and partnerships, working within identified budgets and timeframes and ensuring all viability parameters are met.
- To develop a suite of documents for the projects including Employers Requirements, Specifications and to ensure that all contracts are appropriate for our purposes and that our projects promote innovation, best practice & continuous improvement.
- Lead discussions as required with partners to ensure specified major components of the plan are deliverable within agreed timeframes managing all aspects of consultation (both public and internal) required for successful planning applications and whilst projects are being delivered
- To procure Cost Consultants, Employers Agents, developers/contractors and other consultants as required, to deliver specified key new projects and manage these procurements and appointments effectively.
- To manage a variety of contracts associated with the Power Station ensuring all components of activity comply with the requirements of all relevant legislation and wider policy objectives and are delivered within programme and budget as far as possible.
- To provide reports and information for Regional Cabinet, Directors, Board along with creating public facing information along with delivering presentations as necessary to both internal and external bodies.
- To identify key risks associated with development projects and implement appropriate mitigating measures.
- To assist with the delivery of objectives of the wider Energy Strategy
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Degree or suitable alternative qualification in a relevant discipline
- Demonstrates an in-depth and wide-ranging knowledge of project management for significant infrastructure projects
- A comprehensive understanding of the Clients responsibilities with Regards to CDM requirements
- Extensive experience of project management at a senior management level, including managing building contracts (client) & procurement
- Experience that demonstrates in-depth knowledge of Welsh Government requirements & guidelines for the demolition of infrastructure facilities/ the development and provision of sustainable energy solutions
- Proven experience in managing and controlling substantial budgets
- Extensive experience of successful working with employees and a number of consultants and partners
- Experience of managing resources including, employees, projects and technology
- Demonstrates clear leadership skills, supporting and encouraging others to achieve good performance
- Proven ability to effectively manage a performance driven service and to meet set targets
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Programme Lead - CCR Energy
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.