- Pay Rate:
up to £28.60 per hour PAYE depending on experience
- Hours per Week:
36.25 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
Interim Procurement Officer - Procurement
Reference no: NW Leicestershire 5244291
Pay Rate: up to £28.60 per hour PAYE depending on experience
Hours per week: 36.25 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
To provide proactive and customer focused procurement advice ensuring all relevant legal and constitutional requirements are complied with.
- Povide procurement advice, guidance and training to officers with budget setting and purchasing decision making authority, ensuring that objectives are met within services and value for money is achieved for the Council and all procurement is undertaken in compliance with legal requirements, the Council’s Constitution and all relevant procurement law, as well as incorporating public procurement best practice;
- Provide advice, support and oversight to officers to ensure all contracts are managed effectively in line with best practice;
- Undertake regular supplier spend analysis to provide the Council with key management information and to identify opportunities for a corporate commercial approach or collaboration with other public sector organisations;
- Actively manage all risks around procurement and ensure that the Council has appropriate mitigations plans in place;
- Ensure local suppliers are not unnecessarily precluded from tendering for public sector contracts therefore achieving better community and economic outcomes;
- Ensure that all procurement programmes and projects are managed effectively and comply with legislative and constitutional and procurement operational requirements in a timely and efficient manner.
- Maintain internal and external facing procurement websites using council-managed web content management systems;
- Periodically review and redesign procurement processes to increase value for money for the Council;
- Ensure that the Council is able to implement local government and general public procurement policy in such a way that maximum benefit to the Council and community can be achieved.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Have relevant MCIPS qualification
- Driving Licence
- Detailed knowledge of public service / local government procurement.
- Detailed knowledge and sound understanding of the procurement cycle, contract law, good procurement practices and relevant legislation.
- An understanding of the role of the Local Government and the environment within which it operates.
- Have relevant experience in advising on all aspects of the procurement process from options appraisal to contract management.
- A track record of demonstrable success, in a comparable organisation, of developing and delivering a corporate procurement training programme to staff and suppliers.
- A track record of demonstrable success, in a comparable organisation, in interpreting policy and strategy into practical actions.
- Successful record of working in partnership, engaging effectively with others, building productive working relationships, including senior staff, other local authorities, regional government, public agencies, statutory authorities etc.
Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent influencing skills and an ability to work credibly with staff at all levels in all departments.
- Strong interpersonal skills with good communication, networking and negotiating skills.
- Good analytical skills, highly numerate with excellent writing abilities
- Able to advise on all aspects of the procurement process from options appraisal to contract management.
- Ability to balance or resolve conflicting priorities, solutions focused.
- Ability to build and maintain rapport.
- Prepared to be flexible according to work demands.
- Confidence to challenge traditional thinking.
- Flexible, creative and above all, a deliverer.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Procurement Officer - Procurement
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.