- Pay Rate:
£12.77 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 9-10 months
Reference no: Lincolnshire BL TCL348312
Pay rate £12.77 per hour PAYE
The post holder will work as part of a dynamic Commercial team delivering an effective service supporting and advising staff across Lincolnshire Police (the Force) and the Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner for Lincolnshire on the Commercial Lifecycle to drive maximum benefit and efficiencies
- In liaison with the Head of Commercial and Contract Management carry out a number of specific duties in the delivery of the Commercial function
- Maintain and update information held on the relevant databases and spreadsheets used by the department as required
- Assist the Head of Commercial and Contract Management in identifying opportunities for efficiencies and cost savings in the purchasing and procurement processes
- Analyse the supply market to recommend the most suitable procurement strategy for each procurement exercise
- To provide advice and guidance, under the direction of the Head of Commercial and Contract Management to all members of the OPCC and Force staff on all practices, procedures, regulations, legislation and ethical issues relating to the procurement function
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Knowledge of Public Sector Procurement
- Experience of working within a public sector procurement environment
- Strong organisational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- Resilient and adaptable with the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadline
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
NB: Police Vacancy - only for candidates with a minimum of 3 years continuous UK address history.
Please note that this vacancy is subject to a strict security vetting procedure.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours. NB: Police Vacancy - only for candidates with a minimum of 3 years continuous UK address history.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Recruitment Clearance.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.