- Pay Rate:
Up to £333.00 per day PAYE depending on experience TBC
- Hours per Week:
35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2 months
Interim Category Manager - Digital & Commercial Services
Reference no: Dudley 1009823
Pay Rate: Up to £333.00 per day PAYE depending on experience TBC
This opening assignment is for 2 months
The purpose of the role is to deliver Procurement operations and activity (tenders, mini-competitions, etc.) for Directorates and schools.
Supporting the delivery of savings and efficiencies (both cashable and non-cashable). Ensuring that all contracts awarded are recorded on the Contract Register and that a digital version of the contract is stored electronically
- To support the delivery of Procurement Operations for Directorates.
- Understand the departmental and corporate procurement team KPI’s, service level objectives, managing own performance, supporting continuous improvement of the service, and delivering and monitoring customer satisfaction.
- Understand the procurement strategy and ensure contracts are procured and delivered within available resources, and within the timescales.
- Work with the Head of Procurement and Procurement Business Partner to advise on the most appropriate procurement strategy for specific contracts and the development of appropriate contract documentation.
- To understand national procurement frameworks and consider their suitability to deliver best value.
- Support the Procurement Champions network or similar forum.
- Develop own professional skills, practice continuous professional development.
- Ensure compliance with local, Council and national procurement regulations and directives (as relevant), providing training and support to other Council Officers.
- Support the management and maintenance of the Council’s suite of procurement templates so that they remain current.
- Use of the Council’s e-procurement system to deliver procurement activity. Support other Council Officers to use the system.
- Support the work of the Council to increase spend with Small, Micro and Medium enterprises particularly those in the Dudley area.
- Maintain confidentiality of all procurement activity especially with confidential and contentious reports concerning employees, potential and actual suppliers and contractors to the Council.
- Support the delivery and monitoring of Social Value.
- Ensure that appropriate governance workflows are complied with.
- Support the Councils approach to Contract Management.
- To undertake Reviews following contract award to inform future procurement, performance management statistics, monitoring compliance, assessing value for money and project outcomes achieved.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
*** Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Full UK driving licence is required for this role.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Procurement Category Manager - Digital & Commercial Services
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.