- Pay Rate:
£218.29 per day PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- BARNET, LONDON,
Interim Procurement Business Partner
Reference no: Barnet RQ792899
Pay rate £218.29 per day PAYE
To work as part of a dynamic specialist Procurement team to deliver strategic Procurement in line with best practice guidance and leading on specific projects within a portfolio of projects/programmes that deliver high value, improved and cost efficiency savings across the council
- Use specialist category and procurement knowledge and expertise to produce and implement 3-5 year procurement strategies for assigned product/service areas of the strategic procurement plan and ensure that performance management systems and operating effectively to meet governance and achieve goals.
- Project manage and co-ordinate all activities, agencies, suppliers and personnel to successfully undertake a number of strategic and tactical sourcing projects, from initial scoping through to contract award.
- Gather and analyse comprehensive data on products, services and suppliers to support portfolio and category analysis.
- Manage high value strategic sourcing projects which impact on stakeholder organisations service delivery and beyond.
- Establish the immediate and future procurement requirements of stakeholder organisations and produces strategies and solutions to these.
- Identify and manage risk throughout the procurement process.
- Maintain work-plan and contracts database to ensure it is always up to date and effective reports are available as and when required.
- Proactive responsibility for the development and review of strategies, policies and procedures based upon best practice.
- Deliver Cash Releasing Savings, Added Value Benefits and Value
- Manage projects effectively to ensure the savings within the Trust are delivered in line with the work plan
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Must have or be prepared to work towards the completion of becoming a Qualified member of the Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (MCIPS)
- Knowledge of how an Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Income Management System and Accounting to Reporting processes work
- Knowledge of specialist information systems and contract management systems by producing reports using multiple criteria and extract and reuse data in Microsoft Office products, data maintenance and manipulation
- A working knowledge of contract law
- Demonstrable knowledge of public sector procurement
- Extensive experience of competitive tenders/quotations
- Excellent verbal, written, presentational and numerical data analysis skills
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Procurement Business Partner
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.