- Pay Rate:
£26.00 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6-7 months
- Gloucester, Gloucestershire,
Interim Principal Transport Planner
Reference no: Gloucestershire 5224823
Pay Rate: £26.00 per hour PAYE
This opening assignment is for 6-7 months
Occasional “out of hours” (evening and weekend) duties may be required in the normal course of duties
The purpose of the role is to advise and assist in the formulation and processes of strategic transport planning policy and their implementation. Take the lead in developing your own projects, under the guidance of the transport planning team managers and in cooperation with colleagues and stakeholders.
The successful candidate will demonstrate experience in interpreting the outputs of transport models and an understanding of WebTAG. A good team player, self-motivated with an ability to work effectively on own or as part of a team. The post may be eligible for re-location expenses.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Appropriate academic qualification, such as a degree in a relevant subject such as planning, engineering, geography, regeneration or environment science.
- Full and valid driving licence and provision of own transport for work.
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Experience of working with the legislative framework and practical implementation in transport policy and planning.
- Experience of working in partnership with external organisations.
- Good at fostering relationships and working in partnership.
- Experience of negotiation with developers and other organisations.
- Experience of providing evidence to Planning Inquiries, appeals and/or Examinations in Public.
Skills & Abilities:
- Good political awareness.
- Dealings with Lead Cabinet Members / authoring cabinet reports.
- Thorough knowledge of transport planning legislation and policies at national and local level.
- Proven ability to think, act and work strategically / corporately.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Financial management skills.
- A successful track record in a management role.
- A good understanding of the Transport Business Case process.
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- The post holder will be required to travel throughout the county, as required, and must hold a full, valid driving licence and relevant insurance, and have the use of a suitable vehicle.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Principal Transport Planner
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.