- Pay Rate:
£40.16 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3-4 months
Interim Principal Transport Planner x2 (re-opened)
Job Ref: Oxfordshire 5209535
Pay Rate: £40.16 per hour PAYE
To provide transport planning professional and technical management and leadership in relation to supporting strategic sites, Local Plan reviews, developing transport strategy and schemes, commissioning studies, preparing business cases and securing funding for infrastructure, frontline Member, stakeholder and public engagement, report writing, service improvements, managing project budgets and the work of staff and consultants.
- Assist the Infrastructure Locality Lead in the management of the team.
- Represent the Infrastructure Locality Lead and Growth Manager at project and other working group meetings and at partnership meetings to ensure the opinions of the team and the County Council are represented.
- Lead the development, commissioning and implementation of transport planning projects and studies, including those conducted by external consultants, taking responsibility for their day-to-day management within complex programmes.
- Prepare business cases for transport interventions and secure funding for infrastructure, requiring an understanding of economic appraisal and transport modelling.
- Provide input into the preparation of strategic transport plans and local development frameworks, including master planning and assessment of strategic development sites.
- Provide high-quality and timely responses on the transport implications of development proposals (including development and negotiation of mitigation), local plans and other policies and strategies through all stages of city/district and county council consultations.
- Provide professional input to the delivery of key work areas and prepare well-informed and timely briefings/reports/presentations for Elected Members and Senior Management, as well as prepare and present reports to Council Committees and other bodies as required.
- Establish good working relationships with key partners.
- Maintain awareness of changes to policy, legislation and of Government initiatives and keep team members and colleagues informed of such changes.
- Project manage schemes and budgets.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Substantial experience in the specialist area (transport planning), including experience in a high-profile planning environment.
- Experience of developing and implementing complex transport policies and strategies, and experience of working with councillors and stakeholders.
- Excellent levels of written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Managerial experience.
- Strong IT skills using Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Principal Transport Planner x2 (re-opened)
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.