- Pay Rate:
Up to £39.73 per hour PAYE for the right candidate
- Hours per Week:
38 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
- ROMFORD, London,
Full Job Title: Interim Principal Planner – Development Control
Job Reference: Havering RQ735146
Pay Rate: Up to £39.73 per hour PAYE for the right candidate
Working from home but there may be an occasional need to go into the office/attend Committee meetings.
A Principal Planner is required with a proven track record of dealing with complex large scale developments and who is able to sign off delegated reports.
Through the application of high level Development Management, placemaking and supervisory skills, make a significant contribution to the regeneration of the borough through the innovative and practical development of proposals for planning permission to ensure that growth and regeneration in the borough is delivered in line with the Havering Local Plan.
- Deputise for the Team Leader in the discharge of responsibility for managing the determination of 100 strategic planning applications per annum and other matters to the required standard within statutory timeframes.
- Deputise for the Team Leader in the discharge of responsibility for setting the tactical operation of your team and contribute to the wider strategic direction of the DM service.
- Deputise for the Team Leader in the discharge of responsibility for producing and delivering the team plan for your team and monitoring its delivery to align with both corporate and departmental aims and priorities.
- Supervisory responsibility for specified planning officers in an applications team, participate in the delivery of service plan objectives and other service improvements and deputise for the team Leader when necessary.
- Deputise for the Team Leader in the discharge of responsibility for ensuring that Strategic Application Services provided by your team are delivered within allocated budgets and opportunities for increasing resources are identified and optimised.
- Deputise for the Team Leader in the discharge of responsibility for the promotion of customer satisfaction when delivering Strategic Application Services.
- Deputise for the Team Leader in the discharge of responsibility for establishing, developing and keeping under review the structures, procedures and working methods for your team and wider DM service to ensure an integrated, effective and efficient approach to the delivery of services and to maximise the use of new technology to both improve services and generate efficiency savings.
- Deputise for the Team Leader in the discharge of responsibility for ensuring that staff in your team are recruited, managed, appraised and developed, and that effective arrangements are made for their training and development so as to meet service and continued professional development needs and to provide equality of opportunity for all employees.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- RTPI accredited postgraduate degree.
- Eligible for Membership of RTPI or RICS (Planning and Development).
- Evidence of relevant Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
- Management training (desirable).
- At least 5 years’ experience of development management and several years’ experience dealing with complex and strategic developments.
- From a development management/placemaking perspective, a comprehensive understanding of current issues and developments affecting planning, regeneration and local government in London.
- From a development management/placemaking perspective, a comprehensive understanding of central government and development plan policy issues.
- From a development management/placemaking perspective, a comprehensive understanding of planning legislation and good understanding of related legislation including local government legislation.
- From a development management/placemaking perspective, a general level of political awareness and good understanding of the operation of local government
- ICT Skills: IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite)
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Principal Planner – Development Control
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.