- Pay Rate:
£23.41 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
- ISLINGTON, LONDON,
Principal Officer - Planning
Job Ref: Islington RQ707113
Pay Rate: £23.41 per hour PAYE
To manage an application/enforcement/conservation & design caseload (principally comprising non-major work for applications) including making recommendations and handling any appeals, and giving compliance/pre-application and general planning advice in accordance with the Council’s corporate Core Principles, Key Aims, Service Plans, Financial Regulations and Standing Orders and agreed procedures. To ensure the provision of a first class service to customers
- Possess the necessary knowledge and experience to undertake the duties assigned to the post within a specialist area.
- Process a variety of applications together with giving specialist observations and pre- application advice. Undertake consultations, site visits, evaluation and negotiation in order to generate high quality recommendations.
- Undertake enforcement investigations, appeals and submissions under the Planning Acts, Orders and Regulations, including consultations, site visits, evaluation and negotiation with applicants/transgressors and other interested parties.
- Provide advice on possible breaches of planning control, including obtaining evidence, negotiation with interested parties, making recommendations for action, following up decisions on recommendations and instigating and effecting necessary legal proceedings in order to pursue breaches in planning controls.
- Prepare written documentation to a high standard, including complex reports and legal documentation
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Hold a degree level qualification in an appropriate discipline and be able to complete a professional qualification related to the post held
- Knowledge and experience of current legislation and working practices relating to the post applied for
- Knowledge of planning enforcement procedures
- Two year’s post qualification experience and eligibility for membership of an appropriate professional body
- One year’s post qualification experience
- Good communication skills and have the ability to explain technical matters to service users
- Ability to write and present complex correspondence and reports on planning applications and/or enforcement investigations
- Ability to assess, evaluate and lead on pre-application negotiations
- Ability to carry out functions related to the processing of applications, including the validation of applications
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Principal Officer - Planning
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.