- Pay Rate:
£37.00 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
Interim Principal Manager - Childrens Services
Reference no: Nottingham RQ782472
Pay rate £37.00 per hour PAYE
Enhanced DBS disclosure required
This post provides an opportunity to lead and influence the delivery of the Child Protection Chairs Service across Nottingham. The post holder will lead and line manage a cohort of Child Protection Chairs to deliver a consistent and quality service and will also lead on missing, exploitation and the allegations management service. It will lead and develop the quality assurance strategy within the service
- To ensure the effective and efficient delivery of safeguarding services in line with the requirements of the Council Plan and Children and Young People’s Plan
- To drive the highest service standards for work quality and be accountable for achieving outcomes in line with performance indicators and to ensure that the service meets departmental targets
- To be accountable for effective delivery of local performance indicators for Children’s services as well as the achievement of Service targets and standards, using information technology and management information as necessary
- To demonstrate leadership and motivational skills, ensuring good communication within the service, and promoting a culture of continuous improvement and service user focus that delivers good outcomes for vulnerable adults
- To be accountable for the highest possible customer service practices, rigorously monitoring processes and ensuring customer feedback is embedded into service development
- To establish and pursue shared courses of action, building relationships across the service, the Council and its partners, the public and the media, and to act as a representative of the department at relevant fora.
- To maintain links with other strategic partnerships working with children, young people and families, ensuring safeguarding is central to their business
- To manage change in response to the National and Local agenda, ensuring that the services are fit for purpose.
- To ensure the legal statutory and other relevant provisions governing or affecting the services provided are strictly observed
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Hold the CQSW, CSS, DiPSW or Degree in Social Work
- In depth knowledge of relevant legislation, guidance and Local Safeguarding Procedures in respect of children and young people
- In depth knowledge and experience of practice in respect of safeguarding children
- Management experience gained within the Safeguarding arena
- Experience of strategic planning and performance management and driving forward effective quality assurance processes
- Proven Information Technology skills
- Have proven analytical skills and be able to interpret information at multiple levels to drive service improvements
- Proven ability to work in partnership and develop positive relationships with internal and external agencies in order to deliver a high quality service, and pursue shared courses of action
- Proven ability to set the highest standards of customer service for the team and service, rigorously monitoring processes, practices and presentation
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Principal Manager - Childrens Services
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.