- Pay Rate:
£17.27 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35 Monday to Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 5 months
- WOOLWICH, London,
Temporary Principal HR Advisor - HR Professional Services
Reference no: Greenwich RQ1115867
Pay rate: £17.27 per hour PAYE
Hours per week: 35 Monday to Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 5 months
City: WOOLWICH, London
A Principal HR Advisor is required to undertake a senior advisory role and may be required to deputise for the HR Manager. Credibility and confidence together with a detailed understanding of a complex public sector organisation is required for this role, to work closely with, and coach, managers to meet their current and future people needs. Key responsibilities will primarily focus on case management and the management of change at all levels, working in partnership with managers in order to support them in achieving their people management outcomes. To provide thorough and technically comprehensive advice to internal and external customers on a range of human resource and workforce development issues including but not limited to: employee relations, disciplinary and grievance, employment policies and procedure organisational design, resourcing and succession planning.
- Support Directors and senior managers across a varied workload and quickly build positive and effective relationships to deliver the best outcomes across the employee life-cycle including resourcing, performance management, dismissal appeals, complex employee relations cases.
- Provide high quality, focussed advice and guidance to managers in relation to organisational change and the application of the council’s formal employment procedures.
- Lead a team of HR officers providing HR advisory services and embed agile working across the HR Professional Services Team by responding to the needs of Directorates as required, acting as an expert point of reference for the team.
- Develop excellent communication channels to work in partnership with all partners and senior stakeholders. Identify the need for and design bespoke interventions to build capacity and capability of services and the organisation, evaluating interventions to ensure they meet agreed targets.
- Build knowledge and capacity across the HRPS, H&S and WFD service and with customers. Adopt best practice approaches to project management and use management information and data effectively to ensure added value is identified and delivered.
- Supervise, mentor and coach junior members of the HRPS Team to build knowledge and capacity, ensuring a consistent standard of service delivery and strengthen talent management and succession planning within HR.
- Manage a range of processes and performance indicators to ensure that all HR casework is managed in a timely manner and takes full account of relevant employment legislation and organisational precedent.
- Undertake pre-employment checks in a timely manner.
- Work with the managers on organisational change e.g. organisation design, job design, structural and cultural aspects of change, recruitment implications, learning & development implications and ER aspects of change.
- Deputise for the Deputy HR Team Manager/ Strategic HR Manager as necessary.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via job[email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Fully CIPD qualified.
- Strong change management experience supporting organisational restructures is essential and TUPE transfers.
- 2 years’ experience of providing HR Advice to a range of managers.
- A detailed understanding and experience of a complex public sector organisation.
- Experience of management all aspects of Human Resources within Local Government desirable.
- Employee Relations experience/knowledge.
- Experience of working with management, employees and trades unions to achieve staffing related service delivery improvements and evidence of successful management of professional teams bringing about improvements in services through change management and influencing the behaviours and actions of others.
- Credibility and confidence together with a detailed understanding of a complex public sector organisation to work closely with, and coach, managers to meet their current and future people needs.
- Up to date knowledge of employment legislation, its legal implications and HR best practice.
- In depth knowledge and understanding of the Employment Tribunal Service and associated services (ACAS) desirable.
Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills.
- A solutions-focused approach, supported by well-developed analytical planning, excellent practice knowledge and strong organisational skills.
- Customer focused with high standards of achievements.
- Organisational ability to manage the caseload in line with service policy and protocols.
- Resilience and the ability to work effectively with people at all levels within an organisation with the ability to engage and motivate individuals and teams in meeting performance objectives.
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills, effective management of staff and resources.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Principal HR Advisor - HR Professional Services
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.