- Pay Rate:
£18.80 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
Principal Democratic Services Advisor
Reference no: Salford 0006 A418 / 1
Pay rate £18.80 per hour PAYE (Please note that the pay rate for this role is likely to be uplifted to reflect a higher than standard holiday allocation)
To primarily support the formal committee meetings of the Council, ensuring that they are dealt with efficiently and in line with all legal and constitutional requirements
- Preparing agendas outlining the issues to be discussed at the meeting and distribute to those attending.
- Attending meetings, listening to debates and taking accurate notes. Writing up minutes - a concise, formal record of discussions and decisions made at the meeting.
- To contribute to their work and to advise them as appropriate as to matters of process in accordance with the Local Government Act 2000 and adopted Governance arrangements.
- To undertake project and research work as required and produce reports on findings, presentations and other documents.
- To ensure that the legal and constitutional requirements are complied with and to provide advice as required. To action decisions from meetings as appropriate.
- To make effective use of IT facilities – particularly the processes for producing agendas, reports, minutes and developing the section’s webpages – identifying areas for potential development and ensuring that the systems are utilised to their maximum potential.
- To assist with the general administrative duties. To contribute to the continuing
- development of the decision-making structures and procedures.
- To maintain a good understanding of relevant legislation, rules and regulations,
- codes of practices and directorate policies and practices.
- To contribute to the continuing development of the service through team meetings. This also includes an ability to identify improvements/make adjustments to service delivery.
- To attend relevant courses necessary to ensure proper training and development
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- ECDL or equivalent (desirable)
- Experience of taking minutes at meetings
- ICT skills i.e. Microsoft Office specifically Word, Excel and Outlook or similar programmes
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritise and organise your own workload to meet deadlines, and to work with minimum supervision using initiative
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Principal Democratic Services Advisor
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.