- Pay Rate:
Up to £700 per day pay range subject to IR35 status
- Hours per Week:
Anticipated 6 - 9 months
Interim Principal Corporate Property Surveyor -Hybrid Working – PSR 1JP00066494
Pay Rate: Up to £700 per day pay range subject to IR35 status
Location. Bristol or any other hub, 40% in the office – any hub office.
A Principal Corporate Property Surveyor is needed on a contract basis for approximately 6-9 months.
You will provide expert property advice across the diverse property portfolio to a broad spectrum of government bodies each with its own business objectives; matrix managing differing priorities to ensure outcomes consistent with Group objectives.
You should hold Professional Membership of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors and preferably commercial property, property management, lease advisory or commercial valuation discipline.
What you’ll do:
- Provide expert property advice across the diverse property portfolio to a broad spectrum of government bodies each with its own business objectives; matrix managing differing priorities to ensure outcomes consistent with the Group objectives: interest management (legal interest on freehold, leasehold, MOTOs (govt lease), disposals and acquisitions; advising on lease compliance; interpreting legal ownership information, titles and leases; and interpreting government policy and strategy in the context of the Group’s aims and objectives;
- Through the commissioning, management and assurance of outsourced property service provider, or directly where appropriate, provide advice and guidance on such activities as rent reviews, lease renewal, landlord/tenant queries, recharging, property acquisition and disposal and land law;
- Provide environmental & sustainability advice relevant to commercial property and commercial property transactions (including policy development & consultation across departments, input into project specifications and compliance issues across the estate). For example the Minimum Energy Efficiency Standards;
- Provide specialist advice/or produce papers for briefing submissions and official correspondence (complex Parliamentary Questions, Freedom of Information, National Audit Office (NAO), Internal Audit (IA), public enquiries);
- Contribute advice/ input into inform the Group Workplace Strategy to keep pace with Government Estates Strategy;
- Measure, performance against agreed KPIs (key performance indicators) for contracted property advice, taking immediate remedial action where there is failure to achieve agreed standards, widely applying lessons learnt where positive performance is achieved and undertaking ‘deep dive’ into KPI data to identify trends that can drive and enhance performance for customer benefit;
- Contribute to the Group workplace planning to define portfolio changes and to develop future strategy implementation, having regard to sustainability, safety and other professional property advice;
- Responsible for working within a team and across the Group Property to ensure join-up of activities, priorities and shaping strategic thinking
- Personally and through the team, develop and implement improvement and innovation to working practices, processes and systems across the Group, driving consistency and best practice, developing a model to do things once and right in a way that customers recognise and appreciate.
- Use management information to develop a strong understanding of delivery, portfolio and team across Network Estates using data to drive up performance.
Who you are:
- property professional with management and/or lease advisory experience of a complex estate;
- Working within an operational delivery environment;
- Producing reports and gathering evidence;
- Working with 3rd party contractors / other government departments;
- Significant Estate management experience;
- Experience of corporate real estate, estate management and transactional services;
- Transactional and advisory services to the Client using a combination of in-house expertise and external professional advisors;
- Experience of delivering specialist property advice guidance and transactions aligned to the property strategy and good estate management;
- Ability to share technical expertise to improve knowledge, capability and competence;
- The ability to collaborate with colleagues across organisational boundaries;
- Experience of managing property within a complex stakeholder and customer environment
- Experience of commissioning, supervision and delivery through external property advisors.
- Hold a recognised professional surveying qualification, be a qualified RICS Chartered surveyor with significant post qualification experience in a relevant discipline.
- Hold Professional Membership of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors and preferably commercial property, property management, lease advisory or commercial valuation discipline.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, not that they would exclude candidates willing to travel/relocate, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Qualifications and experience relevant to the job role – please give full details within your CV document
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Principal Corporate Property Surveyor
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.