- Pay Rate:
up to £36.26 per hour PAYE depending on experience (tbc)
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3-4 months
Practice Manager – Childrens x2
Reference no: Bournemouth 5219934
Pay rate up to £36.26 per hour PAYE depending on experience (tbc)
Enhanced DBS disclosure required
Reporting to Team Managers, Practice Managers supervise and support experienced and newly qualified Social Workers and Family Support Practitioners within their POD, to provide safe, high quality casework that complies with legislation, guidance and local policies and procedures to achieve positive outcomes for children, young people and families within Bournemouth. They are responsible for the direction of casework on a day to day basis and as such play a key role in the management of risk to vulnerable children and young people and ensuring that interventions are timely and targeted
- To manage a small team (POD) of Social Work staff day to day, including all aspects of work allocation, performance management and staffing issues.
- To be accountable to the Team Manager for the quality of work undertaken by the POD; measured against agreed performance standards, and to advise and/or escalate to the Team Manager any concerns, which may affect the standard of performance required or risk to individual children.
- To provide a mentoring role within the POD; supporting less experienced staff, newly qualified staff, new starters and social work students on placement.
- To engage positively with and contribute to workforce development activity across the service, and contribute to the development of a learning and improving organisation. Ensuring all staff access relevant training in line with CPD, and that newly qualified social workers commit to the ASYE Programme and are mentored appropriately.
- Make sure that the child is at the centre of professional assessment, planning, intervention and review activity, and that their views and wishes (appropriate to their age and understanding) are sought and used to understand the child's world and the level of intervention and type of help offered.
- Apply principles of anti-discriminatory practice in identifying and redressing the negative impact of racism, homophobia, discrimination based on gender, ethnicity, disability, class, culture, language or religion.
- Delivery of workshops and/or presentations of learning in team meetings and team days.
- To represent Children Young Peoples and Families Services at management and officer groups, external organisations and at meetings with elected members at local and national level, to provide advice and information as required.
- To embed best practice principles and a positive learning culture in the respective area of service
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Minimum Diploma in Social Work or equivalent Social Work qualification
- Proven relevant post qualifying experience of direct work within a Local Authority fieldwork team
- Ability to deputise in the absence of the Manager
- Ability to supervise staff
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Practice Manager – Childrens x2
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.