- Pay Rate:
£14.25 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- SOUTHWARK, LONDON,
Temporary Practice Coordinator
Reference no: Southwark 5227965
Pay rate £14.25 per hour PAYE
This opening assignment is for 3 months
Enhanced DBS disclosure required
To provide first point of contact for the Youth Justice Service supported by the practice group, identifying needs and providing appropriate support and advice. Provide key administrative support across the practice group that ensures timely an appropriate intervention with children and their families
- Maintain systems and processes that enable the smooth running of the practice group, ensuring that work is co-ordinated across the team under the guidance of the Advanced Practitioner.
- Act as a first point of contact for enquiries to the practice group, some of which may be complex and/or contentious, from members of the public, other staff, and partner agencies. Deal sensitively with all queries, providing a suitable response where possible, and taking messages for members of the practice group, or providing direction to another source of help.
- Actively contribute to weekly practice group meetings and update group members on relevant statistical information such as caseloads, reviews, health checks, timescales etc.
- Maintain systems for key statutory requirements for children as directed by the Advanced Practitioner, for example child protection visits, children’s reviews etc, ensuring that members of the practice group are aware of progress, issues and due dates in advance.
- Quality assure details such as addresses, reports, minutes, actions and phone calls, to ensure recording is up to date, accurate and that timescales (statutory and internal) are met.
- Manage data and document management within the Practice Group (paper and electronic) including scanning, filing and distribution of documents. Utilise new technology to create efficiencies in data management.
- Support the induction, coaching and mentoring of new practice group members, including those on secondment or placement, to include IT induction, administrative and financial procedures.
- Arrange transport and other appointments for families, for example children’s medicals, as directed by the members of the practice group.
- Ensure diaries and appointments for members of the practice group are co-ordinated and accessible.
- Organise meetings and arrange venues for members of the practice group, implement systems to record follow up actions and alert members of deadlines and forthcoming meetings and appointments
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Knowledge of financial systems and processes, including budget monitoring
- Awareness of, and sensitivity to, the needs of vulnerable children and their families
- Understanding of the role and responsibilities of the Children’s services function
- Understanding of best practice models within Social Work, with and commitment to the underlying principles of openness, transparency, leadership and accountability
- Strong organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to deal with people in a sensitive and appropriate manner
- Ability to understand and retain information about children’s cases including social work interventions and the roles of different agencies in meeting children’s needs.
- Ability analyse and evaluate performance information and present reports on key indicators
- Ability to write clear and concise reports, including summarising information about children and families and drafting letters to members of the public and other agencies
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.