- Pay Rate:
£15.84 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
42.5 Monday – Friday, 8am to 5pm
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- Walthamstow, London,
Temporary Plasterer – Manual Labour
Job Ref: PHA TCL 0008 4EF6 / 1
Pay Rate: £15.84 per hour PAYE
Hours per week: 42.5 Monday – Friday, 8am to 5pm
Role Length: This opening assignment is for 3 months
City: Walthamstow, London
Basic DBS disclosure required for this role
The role of a plasterer end-to-end involves multiple tasks, however, the ultimate goal is to guarantee the smooth finish of a building’s walls (inside and outside) and ceilings.
- Preparing and mixing different types of raw materials to get the plaster ready.
- Applying the plaster to the surface being worked on (inside walls, ceilings, outside walls).
- Carrying out solid plastering as well as applying wet finishes.
- Fitting internal plasterboards, also referred to as dry lining or wallboard. This task can involve affixing partitions.
- Installing outer coverings, such as pebble-dash or sand, on outside walls for protection.
- Using moulds and casts for the creation of ornaments and other types of plaster work.
- Understanding and managing the quantities of material required for the job.
- Realising repairs and renovations.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Trade-school qualification or proof of a certified plasterer/builder.
Skills & Experience:
- Preferable damp and mould experience
- 5 years plus experience.
- Knowledge of different plastering techniques and materials.
- Good communication and professional skills.
- The ability to work as part of a team sometimes outdoors in harsh weather conditions.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of material purchasing processes is beneficial.
- Ability to provide plastering quotations and cost estimates to team members.
- Experience in using several types of plastering materials.
- Knowledge of decorative plastering and design are preferential.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Plasterer – Manual Labour
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.