- Pay Rate:
Up to £20.85 per hour PAYE depending on experience
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 7 months
- HONITON, Devon,
Interim Planning Officer - Development Management
Reference no: E Devon 5244051
Pay rate: Up to £20.85 per hour PAYE depending on experience
Hours per week: 37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 7 months
City: HONITON, Devon
Hybrid working, 1 day in the office every few weeks, majority of the time will be working fully remote
Working 4 days per week could be considered
A Planning Officer is required to assist in the delivery of the Council’s Development Management Service through the management of development including the processing of planning and other applications and in the general support to the Development Manager and Assistant Development Manager in achieving the priorities and objectives of the Council.
- Under the direction of more senior staff, to deal with consultations and applications for planning permission, advertisement consent, Listed Building consent, consent to fell trees etc., including site inspections, negotiations with applicants/agents, consultations with appropriate officers, departments, organisations, consultations and individuals and formulating recommendations for consideration by Committee or through delegated powers.
- The duties will include the following: determine the need for planning permission; provide pre-application advice; write reports for committee and the Head of Planning Services; assist the team in formulating recommendations on applications; deal with discharge of conditions; erect site notices when required and carry out detailed site inspections.
- Provide advice and guidance to the general public and professional agents and applicants on planning matters.
- Assist with the preparation of the Local Planning Authority’s case in connection with appeals against the decisions of the Local Planning Authority.
- Assist when required in investigating breaches or alleged breaches of planning control.
- Contribute to the performance of the Team by participating positively in your annual appraisal, service planning and the team meeting process.
- Support the Development Manager and the Assistant Development Manager in making sure the Development Management team offers a customer focused service and strives to be innovative in its search for continuous improvement.
- Provide research support and advice to members on the Development Management, Executive Board, Overview Committees and Task and Finish Forum as required.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Have a Town Planning qualification and (very preferably) a member of the Royal Town Planning Institute.
- A valid driving licence or the ability to travel according to the needs of the job (with reasonable adjustments, if required, according to the Equality Act).
- Experience of working in planning for a number of years.
- Experience working in planning policy.
- Experience of working with production of planning policy documents, specifically local plans.
- Specialist skills/experience desirable.
- Good understanding of the planning system.
- Understanding of current issues in Local Government desirable.
Skills & Abilities:
- Able to quickly assimilate in to a team working environment and be productive with minimal steer and guidance.
- Flexible in thinking and approach.
- Accuracy and attention to detail skills.
- An effective communicator.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
Full Driving licence, access to a vehicle or access to means of mobility support.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Planning Officer - Development Management
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.