- Pay Rate:
up to £20.72 per hour PAYE depending on experience (tbc)
- Hours per Week:
38 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- ROMFORD, LONDON,
Interim Planning Officer
Reference no: Havering RQ786392
Pay rate up to £20.72 per hour PAYE depending on experience (tbc)
Working from home but there could be the occasional need to attend the office and also to attend site so a driving licence is also required to drive one of pool cars or you would need to take effective arrangements to undertake site visits. Attendance could also be required at Planning Committee
Experienced Planning Officer with a minimum of 18 months experience to work in Planning Applications Team
- Responsible for the determination of a caseload of planning applications and other matters to the required standard within statutory timeframes.
- Responsibility for a caseload of development proposals and to meet your own performance management and quality targets.
- Responsibility for ensuring planning fees and other sources of income are correctly calculated and processed for your caseload.
- Promote customer satisfaction when delivering Development Management Services.
- Develop and maintain the full range of professional skills and knowledge to satisfy the requirements of the post.
- Evaluate and make sound recommendations on the planning merits of development proposals, the complexity of which will rise with progression through the career grade from simple to more complex proposals and projects, including validation, enforcement investigations and presentation at Planning Committee.
- Provide pre-application advice on a range of development proposals, the complexity of which will rise with progression through the career grade from simple to more complex proposals and projects.
- Defend the Council’s decisions at appeals to the Planning Inspectorate, the complexity of which will rise with progression through the career grade from simple to more complex proposals and projects.
- Be aware of the relevant statutory provisions and the Council’s constitution, processes and procedures.
- As a member of the Planning Applications team, take individual and collective professional responsibility for championing the council's diversity agenda and proactively implementing initiatives which secure equality of access and outcomes and commit to continually developing personal understanding of diversity
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- RTPI accredited postgraduate degree or extensive relevant planning experience
- Previous experience in similar role
- Planning and urban design skills: general level of proficiency
- Competent level of general and developing level of specialist IT skills
- Writing: display good level of ability in letter writing; clear reports on a wide range of planning issues; exhibit a clear and comprehensible writing style in line with Plain English principles
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.