- Pay Rate:
Up to £15.25 per hour PAYE depending on experience
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6 months
- ATHERSTONE, North Warwickshire,
Full Job Title: Temporary Planning Control Assistant - Community & Environment
Job Reference: N Warwickshire 5222481
Pay Rate: Up to £15.25 per hour PAYE depending on experience
To process planning and related applications related to the provision of the Council’s planning control service.
- The examination and processing of planning applications related to the provision of the planning control service, as required by legislation. This will include:
- Initiating appropriate consultations and notifications, to ensure that appropriate procedures have been pursued.
- Negotiating with the applicant or agent to overcome any difficulties or deficiencies in the proposals, and the preparation of appropriate correspondence pertaining to such matters.
- Determining what recommendation to make, taking into account planning policy, consultation replies, legal advice, background, site investigation, the environmental implication of the proposal, and observations received. The recommendation will include conditions of approval, or reasons for refusal.
- Preparation of Board reports setting out the proposal, background, relevant planning policies, comments of consultees and interested parties, observations on the merits of the proposal, and the recommendation.
- Keeping detailed and accurate records of site inspections, as well as of relevant telephone calls and meetings.
- Advising and assisting the public regarding planning control procedures, fees, planning policies and the likely attitude of the Council. Informing enquirers about current applications and the way in which they are progressed to determination.
- Liaison with officers of other departments and sections, elected members, relevant professions, and external authorities wherever appropriate. Attending meetings with or on behalf of Senior Officers, and representing the authority in negotiations with applicants, at public meetings and at meetings with public and private agencies.
- Preparing written representations and proofs of evidence setting out the considerations which led the Council to its decision and giving evidence as a professional witness at planning and enforcement inquiries, including giving evidence in the courts.
- Investigating the circumstances of reports of unauthorised development to establish whether a breach of planning control exists, pursuing the matter with the developer where appropriate, and if necessary preparing reports to board recommending the initiation of enforcement action.
- Initiating and preparing surveys for Tree Preservation Orders, preparing observations on Vehicle Operators Licences and other matters related to planning control.
- Providing information and advice in relation to planning control input into the statutory plan making process, Conservation Areas, Listed Buildings and environmental improvement generally.
- Keeping informed of changes in legislation and developments in the planning field which are relevant to the duties of the post.
- Participation as a member of the Section Management meetings in pursuing matters relevant to the Section.
- Contributing to the advancement of new Information Technology systems with the division.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- 2 year’s working within a Planning Control section, handling a varied case-load of planning and related applications
- Ability to be aware of wider environmental and planning issues
- Ability to negotiate alterations to a development proposal
- Ability to produce clear and concise written and verbal reports
- Ability to assess priorities and to self-manage time in order to meet deadlines
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- *** Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Planning Control Assistant - Community & Environment
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.