- Pay Rate:
£15.92 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- CAMDEN, LONDON,
Pest Control Officer
Reference no: Camden RQ724435
Pay rate £15.92 per hour PAYE
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let me know and we can send you some additional information for clarify
Rate is negotiable for the right candidates – please state pay expectation clearly on your CV
To discharge the Councils Duties under the Public Health Act 1936 and the Prevention of Damage by Pests Act 1949, by providing the effective control of rodents, insects and other pests in a safe and responsible manner
- Survey sites and premises to assess levels of infestation of rats and mice. Determine the most appropriate treatment method and required frequency of application. Record details and locations of rodenticides applied. Remove all rodenticide at end of treatment programme. Collect and dispose of rodent bodies in approved manner, as required.
- Survey sites and premises to assess levels of infestation of insect pests. Determine the most appropriate treatment method and required frequency of application. Record details and locations of insecticides applied. Where necessary remove insecticide at end of treatment programme.
- Recommend further remedial works and other preventative measures to be carried out in conjunction with any treatment programme. Make appropriate referrals to other Council officers, Housing Associations, Private Landlords, Home Owners, Occupiers and businesses. Work in close connection with internal and external partners, e.g. CSC, Regulatory Services etc
- Record details of and account for all products removed from poison store. Prepare and mix poison baits and insecticides as required. Ensure their safe and secure use and transportation. All in accordance with the Manufacturers directions, recommendations of DEFRA and the in-house COSHH and risk assessments.
- Provide written and verbal advice and information on safety associated with pest treatment and pesticides used.
- In relation to block control surveys assess and determine the nature and level of infestation. Report findings and recommendations to Senior Pest Control Officer. Carry out block control treatments as part of a team under the supervision of the Senior Pest Control Officer.
- To recommend enforcement where necessary to the Senior Pest Control Officer under the following legislation
- The Public Health Act 1936 Section 83
- The Prevention of Damage by Pests Act 1949 Section 4
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Royal Society for Public Health Level 2 Certificate in Pest Management
- British Pest Control Association Level 2 in Pest Management, or equivalent
- Have a basic knowledge / understanding of the legislative framework relevant to the team and its application to casework
- Basic understanding of information systems and new technology e.g. Microsoft Word and Microsoft Outlook
- Experience of dealing with the public, face to face and ability to defuse confrontational situations
- Experience in dealing with pest treatment and pesticides
- To be able to write clear, accurate and concise reports and maintain records, both hand written and on computer
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Pest Control Officer
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.