- Pay Rate:
£20.74 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- KENSINGTON, London,
Full Job Title: Interim Pest Control Officer - Environment
Job Reference: K&C 5222689
Pay Rate: £20.74 per hour PAYE
To improve public health and generate income by providing an effective and affordable pest control service that carries out investigations and treats a wide range of pests to help prevent the spread of disease.
To carry out preventative measures to reduce the likelihood of an infestation occurring, for example fitting missing drain interceptor caps and bird proofing to stop bird nuisance.
To take appropriate and proportionate enforcement action, in accordance with the Council’s Enforcement Policy, if landlords or property owners/occupiers do not take the required steps to control a pest infestation.
To assist with other functions carried out by the team, including but not limited to the collection of clinical waste, unblocking drains, clearance of filthy and verminous properties and execution of other contracts (which currently include the distribution of air quality diffusion tubes across the Royal Borough and Planning Application Notices in the London Borough of Hammersmith and Fulham).
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- RSPH/BPCA (Level 2) Award in Pest Management (or equivalent)
- Excellent knowledge of rodent and insect pests, including their biology and methods of control.
- Recent experience of delivering pest control treatments and offering proofing advice.
- Experience of bird proofing
- The ability to produce clear notes about site visits and written reports if required.
- Ability to use own initiative, plan work appropriately but remain flexible to accommodate ad hoc requests.
- Experience of working with computers and an understanding of information technology.
- Excellent communication skills with a good professional attitude towards members of the public and others.
- Good understanding about risk assessment and COSHH assessments.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Other Work-Related Requirements: Full clean Driving Licence
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Pest Control Officer - Environment
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.