- Pay Rate:
up to £11.54 per hour PAYE depending on experience
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
Temporary Personal Assistant x2 - General Administration
Reference no: UNW 5222564
Pay rate up to £11.54 per hour PAYE depending on experience
To be responsible for providing administrative support to members of Faculty Executive, acting as the initial point of contact for communications and queries. The post holder will also be required to service a number of committees. The post holder will in still an ethos of professionalism, efficiency and quality across every aspect of the services provided
- Providing effective assistance to members of Faculty Executive, including organising and managing their workloads, dealing with matters on their behalf where possible, delegating matters on their behalf where appropriate and prioritising issues as they arise.
- Evaluating matters raised with members of Faculty Executive (e.g. email or telephone), determining what action is required, taking necessary action and reporting progress.
- Maintaining an electronic diary for members of Faculty Executive
- 4Ensuring that, during the absence of members of Faculty Executive, all necessary and appropriate decisions are taken and matters progressed appropriately.
- Maintaining records in appropriate formats and filing for retrieval as necessary.
- Ensuring that members of Faculty Executive are appropriately prepared for forthcoming meetings/conferences/external visits with the relevant papers, background information, etc.
- Providing administrative support for committees, negotiating agendas, writing minutes and ensuring all necessary follow-up actions are carried out.
- Updating the internal and external webpages for the Faculty Executive
- Making arrangements for travel, accommodation, itineraries, both national and international, and the compilation of relevant expense claims.
- Organising meetings, including room bookings, refreshments, AV needs, attendance of invitees etc. Welcoming and looking after visitors
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Educated to at least ‘A’ level standard or equivalent
- Significant experience of supporting senior management in a PA or similar role
- Experience of servicing high level committees
- Strong communication, organisational, interpersonal and prioritisation skills, be IT literate and capable of embracing technological change in developing existing business systems
- Ability to multi-task
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Personal Assistant x2 - General Administration
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.