- Pay Rate:
£14.50 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3-4 months
Temporary Personal Advisor x6 - Leaving Care, Social & Health Care
Reference no: Nottinghamshire TCL 0008 0BDF / 1
Pay rate: £14.50 per hour PAYE
Hours per week: 37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3-4 months
Able to work flexibly to meet user need, including unsocial hours as required
Enhanced DBS required for this role
The purpose of this role is to work to achieve the specific aims and objectives of the Aftercare Service and the Children, Families and Cultural Services Business Plan. To work collaboratively with a range of partner organisations to assess, plan and intervene with vulnerable young people and their families.
It is likely that 2 roles will be North Team (Newark & Sherwood/Bassetlaw), 2 in the Central Team (Mansfield/Ashfield) and 2 in the South Team (Broxtowe/Gedling/Rushcliffe).
- Manage a caseload of individual service users in accordance with assessed risk and policies and procedures and the Children Act guidance and regulations.
- Use manual and computerised systems for the recording of information and data and ensure that all relevant records and documents are managed in accordance with policy and procedures and to keep up to date case records in accordance with policy.
- Contribute to the development and delivery of interagency strategies relating to vulnerable young people.
- Attend and contribute to statutory child care reviews and participate in meetings including those in a variety of settings and institutions such as district councils, hospitals and custodial units.
- Work flexibly to meet user need, including unsocial hours as required.
- Undertake specific specialist roles in relation to complex assessment or service development.
- Be fully aware of the principles of safeguarding as they apply to vulnerable children and young people in relation to work role and ensure that line manager is kept fully informed of any concerns.
- Be part of Protection Plans for vulnerable children and young people as necessary.
- Review the needs of identified care leavers to ensure that plans and services reflect current needs and risks using Children Act Pathway Planning Guidance.
- Contribute to the duty arrangements of the Leaving Care team seeing young people by appointment and in crisis, dealing with internal and external enquires, providing support assistance and information as required, recognising the need to involve other more experienced staff where appropriate. Attend and contribute to team meetings, identifying training and whole service events.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via job[email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Educated to minimum GCSE level C or above including Maths and English.
- Relevant qualification NVQ level 3 or above.
Experience & Knowledge:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Knowledge and understanding of human growth and development, and the particular issues relating to young people living care.
Skills & Abilities:
- Full driving licence (unless disability precludes this).
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
- Able to work flexibly to meet user need, including unsocial hours as required.
***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
Full Driving licence, access to a vehicle or access to means of mobility support.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Personal Advisor x6 - Leaving Care, Social & Health Care
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.