- Pay Rate:
£15.06 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6 months
- Croydon, London,
Temporary Permit & Support Admin Officer x 3 – Parking Services
Reference no: Croydon 6743-1
Pay Rate: £15.06 per hour PAYE
The purpose of the role is to provide support, administration and advice to all stakeholders ranging from investigating and responding appropriately to Permits and the provision of administrative support within Parking Services including PCN Representation, Adjudication, Debt Registration.
- Producing standard and non-standard letters and reports.
- Accurately logging and recording all correspondence.
- Receiving, opening, allocating and or scanning all incoming mail and distributing as necessary on day of receipt.
- Organising workload and re-prioritising where necessary to ensure that work is completed according to strict timescales.
- Developing and maintaining filing systems and computerised systems and information, as required.
- Print statutory notices using the prescribed back office ICT system in accordance with legislation requirements and within the appropriate deadlines.
- Manage and maintain correspondence including various email inboxes to correctly allocate / log case to officers and or work queues and forward FOI, SARS, GDPR, complaints, etc to the relevant teams.
- Reviewing daily trans-listing of online permit payments, verifying criteria and issuing permits or refunds accordingly.
- Assisting with checking permit applications and verifying keeper details, as appropriate.
- Being responsible for reviewing permit related tasks and complaints including daily permit related queries by post and email.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Good typing speed and ability to adapt letters where necessary.
- Ability to manage a large workload and prioritise effectively, working to set deadlines.
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication skills, including experience of dealing with members of the public in person and on the telephone, particularly in difficult situations, in an efficient and diplomatic manner.
- Ability to process work accurately including checking for errors.
- Ability to work on own initiative and work successfully as part of a team.
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Permit & Support Admin Officer x 3 – Parking Services
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.