- Pay Rate:
: £13.03 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Thursday 8am to 4pm & Friday 8am to 3.30pm
This opening assignment is for 4-5 months
- Kidlington, Oxfordshire,
Temporary People Services Administrator x 2
Reference no: Thames Valley BL TCL 359816
Pay Rate: £13.03 per hour PAYE
37 hours Monday – Thursday 8am to 4pm & Friday 8am to 3.30pm
This opening assignment is for 4-5 months
City: Kidlington, Oxfordshire
NPPV level 2 vetting required for this role
NB: Police Vacancy - only for candidates with a minimum of 5 years continuous UK address history. Please note that this vacancy is subject to a strict security vetting procedure.
The purpose of the role is to provide a professional business support service within the People Directorate to internal and external customers, covering Recruitment/Resourcing/Employee Administration/Learning & Development/Service Desk, meeting or exceeding service protocols.
- Provide a high quality, confidential service and advice to internal and external customers, through a range of communication channels, based on Force policies and procedures and be accountable for service protocols within their remit.
- Manage relationships with stakeholders to ensure productive working is maintained, where problems are resolved and continuous improvement is sought and implemented.
- Input data onto Force ICT systems in an accurate and timely manner, quality assure information already held on force systems in order to facilitate the provision of management information.
- Provide assistance and guidance when necessary and QA work as requested.
- Support the production of management information to enable effective performance management and decision making. Interpret data that has an impact on the service delivered and recommend/implement changes that will improve the service.
- Provide administrative support to specific projects including research and data collection.
- Provide information for meetings as required.
- Pro-actively manage the applicant through the Recruitment process, ensuring that all steps are undertaken in a timely fashion, including regular reviews of applicant status and regular contact with the applicant to keep them informed of progress or reasons for delays.
- Manage the administrative service in respect of the end-to-end Recruitment processes for all groups in TVP, e.g., applicant management, vetting, reference checks, creation of selection documentation, medical screening, contractual documentation, course enrolment, preparation of training & assessment resources and student support through to course closure.
- Attend attraction, recruitment, selection and assessment events (e.g., eligibility testing, interviews, fitness tests, assessment centres), presenting a professional image of TVP at all times.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via job[email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Good standard of education with GCSEs (Grade 9-1/A-C) or Key Skills level 2 or equivalent in English and Maths.
- Attained or willing to work towards achieving NVQ Level 2 in Customer Service or Business Administration.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Proven experience of working in demanding administrative role, ideally in an HR or L&D environment.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills to enable the post holder to interact confidently, effectively and professionally with all stakeholders including staff, customers, senior managers and members of the public.
- Proven ability to organise, plan, manage and prioritise workloads. Be adaptable, flexible and resilient with a willingness to learn new processes.
- Flexible approach to working is essential as some assignments may require evening and weekend working at various locations.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g., G Suite).
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
People Services Administrator x 2
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.