- Pay Rate:
£39.99 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2 months
Interim People Lawyer - Adult Social Care
Reference no: W Berkshire 5227290
Pay Rate: £39.99 per hour PAYE
Rate is negotiable for the right candidates – please state pay expectation clearly on your CV
This opening assignment is for 2 months
Remote working available
To assist as part of the People Team in the provision of legal advice and support to the Council primarily in one of the area of law covered by the Team on a day to day basis. To represent the Council at Tribunals and/ or Court hearings as required. To carry out such other duties in the Service Unit as demand requires. To support in the provision of Legal Services generally and across teams. To deputise for the Principal Lawyer (People) when required
- To work independently on high profile, complex work which may have a significant impact on the Council, its services and/or clients. To identify such matters within their area of work / supervision and to monitor and progress such matters appropriately.
- Personally undertake a significant caseload of high-level work in at least one area of Law covered by the Team.
- To provide timely and accurate advice to Members and Officers of the Council, including representation and attendance at such meetings as desired by the Client Department, ensuring that decisions and actions comply with the Council’s Constitution and are defensible
- To provide appropriate good quality legal service to the Council and its service areas including, as required, representation at meetings, Court or Tribunals.
- To assist with the provision of advice and assistance to other areas of the service, as and when required and where current workloads allow.
- To develop and maintain effective working relationships with other service areas within the Council and with outside organisations where appropriate.
- To research and keep abreast of recent developments in the main area of work covered and deliver training to client departments on the same from time to time.
- To contribute to the work of the service in order to achieve and maintain high levels of service. To provide appropriate good quality legal service to the Council, including its service areas, Members and Officers.
- Participate in the development of the Council’s policies and initiatives as required, including participation in multi-disciplinary working parties.
- Contribute to the work of the service in order to maintain high levels of professional standards across the Team
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Practising Solicitor or Barrister or Chartered Legal Executive
- Minimum 2:2 Honours Degree (any subject)
- Substantial experience and specialist knowledge in at least one area of law covered by the Team including: Adult Social Care / Children Services, Education, Employment
- Experience of personally managing a substantial caseload of high profile matters
- Excellent negotiating and drafting skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to use Outlook, and a web browser to access information
- Ability to independently manage a substantial case load
- Ability to give clear advice in a public forum
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
People Lawyer - Adult Social Care
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.