- Pay Rate:
£11.41 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 7-8 months
Reference no: Oxfordshire 5222733
Pay rate £11.41 per hour PAYE
Deal with incoming and outgoing post, Update and maintain member records on Altair database, recording new post on Altair database creating new tasks in workflow, complete tasks within Service Level Agreement deadline using Altair workflow, cover any other general administration duties at this roles level
- Develop, and maintain basic knowledge of current and previous LGPS regulations, other appropriate legislation and employer discretions to support the team with enquiries from scheme members and employers.
- To update and verify the data held on the Altair database is accurate and in line with team procedures; pension fund regulations; the requirements of The Pension Regulator and taking account of data protection rules.
- Liaise with scheme employers to ensure data received is accurate before updating the Altair database
- Act as first point of contact for all enquiries via telephone, post, e-mail and face-to-face; answering routine enquiries and re-directing more complex enquiries appropriately
- Record all new post from scheme members, employers and 3rd parties onto the Altair system and create workflow tasks for Administrators to identify for action
- Administer the new starter process by contacting all new scheme members and dealing with responses
- Write to previous pension providers to initiate the transfer process, monitoring and chasing replies.
- Co-ordinate outlook diary management to ensure information is accurate and up to date
- Contribute to the continuous improvement by ensuring that all work is carried out in accordance with current procedures and contribute to the review of those procedures, trialling and implementing any proposed or agreed changes.
- Undertake any other general administrative tasks applicable to the grade to support Pension Services as required (recording post, photocopying, scanning and indexing)
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- English Language and Mathematics GCSE Grade C or above, or equivalent, or comparable ability
- Experience in the use of Microsoft Office applications and the internet
- Ability to communicate effectively by telephone, in writing, by e-mail and in person
- Able to deal with work of a confidential nature
- Ability to work alone, as well as working co-operatively as a team member
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.