- Pay Rate:
Up to £148.00 per day PAYE depending on experience TBC
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2 months
- Preston, Lancashire,
Interim Payroll Technical Specialist – Financial Services
Reference no: Lancashire RQ828838
Pay Rate: Up to £148.00 per day PAYE depending on experience TBC
This opening assignment is for 2 months
The primary purpose of the role is to control and develop the payroll systems, running processes and all related technical processes to provide a high quality, accurate and timely function for a range of clients and in accordance with their statutory, legislative and contractual obligations.
- To schedule, generate and administer payroll system routines for all customers and produce associated output and reports for third parties.
- Provide support regarding the reconciliation of payroll expenditure including PAYE, NIC and Pension Contributions.
- Assist in the investigation and reporting of complaints and queries, providing for effective solutions to issues, escalating where necessary.
- Provide technical support and expertise on complex payroll and pension matters and systems to all officers of LCC and its customers.
- Provide input to project plans and estimations of resource requirements, completing project work within cost, time and to the required quality.
- Provide technical support on the payroll implications of service developments, new legislation, local and corporate initiatives, and to challenge and influence discussions in order to ensure effective decision making.
- Produce accurate, meaningful and timely management information covering a range of payroll functions.
- Assist with the development and co-ordination of testing and implementation of technological solutions to support new legislation and business objectives.
- Proactively engage with appropriate internal and external user groups, ICT teams, key stakeholders and third parties.
- Participate in the development of user communication and training materials and deliver user training as appropriate.
- Provide effective staff training and development focusing on quality standards and outputs.
- Lead the continuous review of processes and procedures within the service to ensure effective and efficient service delivery, in line with LCC standards and quality frameworks.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- 4 GCSE's or equivalent (A-C) including Maths and English.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Experience of working in a service delivery/customer focused environment
- Use of IT, and Management Information Systems in particular, in supporting processes including management information
- Experience of working independently with relevant specialised systems/software
- Experience of working to Key Performance Indicators and deadlines
- Experience of working within a Payroll environment.
- Good numeracy and literacy skills and proficiency in IT packages and systems (e.g. Microsoft Office)
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with customers and colleagues both orally and in writing
- Ability to prioritise workload to meet required timescales and levels of accuracy, with minimal supervision and excellent administrative and organisational skills.
- Understand the significance of data integrity in business processing and ability to work consistently within frameworks and procedures.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Payroll Technical Specialist – Financial Services
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.