- Pay Rate:
Up to £20,224.00 per annum depending on experience TBC
- Hours per Week:
35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This role is Permanent
- CHELMSFORD, Essex,
Full Job Title: Payroll & People Advisor - HR
Job Reference: Essex 8937
Pay Rate: Up to £20,224.00 per annum depending on experience TBC
This role is Hybrid with 1-2 days per week in the office.
The Payroll & People Advisor will provide a high-quality payroll and a customer focused transactional service. Using a depth of business knowledge in dealing with a high volume of diverse transactions and working to strict deadlines. With responsibility for resolving payroll queries and performing an analytical processing role within one or more payroll disciplines.
You will provide support and resolutions quickly and efficiently at the first point of call. Our ethos is to provide advice, support and guidance that is simple, clear, efficient, and effective, this includes communication, terminology, and processes.
The role requires a strong system knowledge to undertake user acceptance testing.
- Responsible for ensuring data input is accurate to ensure payments and deductions are correctly administered, in line with statutory and contractual requirements e.g. Pensions contributions. Where possible supporting and guiding employees in using self-service.
- Responsible for resolving complex payroll queries to ensure timeframes are met within agreed Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Responsible for payroll processes generating payments to employees and third parties, along with associated internal/external statutory reporting.
- Support the requirement for ensuring the integrity and security of personal, contractual and financial information, to meet legislation and Council policies.
- Work collaboratively within a team, to ensure work is processed and delivered to a high standard, ensuring quality of outputs.
- Responding effectively to customers’ enquiries in a timely and professional manner and meeting service standards, this can be via the customer portal, in writing, or verbally in a call or meeting.
- Supports the drive to improve the service and quality of outputs and system testing to ensure customer expectations are exceeded.
- Specific individual and shared targets and objectives are defined annually within the performance management framework.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Educated to RQF level 3 (GCSE) or equivalent by experience.
- Evidence of continuing professional development and knowledge in relevant professional area, working towards a CIPP qualification.
- Experience of using payroll systems to deliver a high quality service.
- Good working knowledge of payroll processes including statutory payments, deductions and pension schemes.
- Working collaboratively with colleagues to deliver good practice and advice on policy.
- Ability to communicate effectively, demonstrating empathy, listening and questioning skills to a very high level, with a high standard of written communication.
- Experience of working in a customer-orientated environment, dealing with queries in a service delivery setting and continuously seeking to improve the services provided.
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite)
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Payroll & People Advisor - HR
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.