- Pay Rate:
Up to £25.70 per hour PAYE depending on experience
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 1-2 months
- Bradford, Yorkshire,
Interim Payroll & Pension Liaison Manager – Human Resources
Reference no: Bradford 5235621
Pay Rate: Up to £25.70 per hour PAYE depending on experience
Hours per week: 37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 1-2 months
City: Bradford, Yorkshire
The purpose of the role is to assist the Service Manager by taking specific responsibility for the operational direction, management and performance of the Payroll and Pension Liaison function.
- As a member of the Payroll and Support Management team, to be responsible for providing operational management, direction and area expertise.
- Responsible for providing professional advice, support and guidance to all service users across the full range of payroll, pension and pay related conditions of service.
- Responsible for the effective management, control and timely input and output of payroll system data, in accordance with Council policy and / or procedure and legislation where appropriate.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of the HR/Payroll solution to ensure adherence to statutory and contractual legislation.
- Responsible for the completion of all annual and monthly statutory information returns to the HMRC and Pension Scheme’s.
- Development of the Payroll Service into a marketable business model to offer the payroll service to external clients and increase income generation.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with the Council's Employee Appraisal scheme for all Payroll staff in addition to appraising, reviewing performance and carrying out 121’s, with all direct reports, as prescribed by the scheme and /or Service requirement.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining excellent communication channels across the Service and with other colleagues, customers, service groups and external partners or agencies
- Responsible for managing attendance at work including managing sickness absence by carrying out the Return to Work interviews and /or informal reviews and presenting appropriate cases to the Service Manager in the formal review process, in accordance with the Council’s Managing Attendance procedure
- Responsible for the health and safety of Payroll staff and ensuring appropriate risk assessments are carried out and follow up action taken, as appropriate.
- Responsible for compliance with, the Councils Information Security policies, the appropriate use of the data held on Council systems and any relevant associated legislation, for example the Data Protection Act.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
Skills & Experience:
- More than 5 years specific experience of management in a large payroll service dealing with multiple payrolls and a minimum of 10,000 employees.
- Must have experience of managing a team of payroll officers and expertise in the end to end payroll function including all statutory requirements.
- Expert knowledge in all payroll matters.
- Carries out the working practices, procedures and basic operations across a specialist area(s) namely payroll and pension liaison
- Contributes to the management of a budget , keeping costs within agreed levels for own section/team
- Uses, interprets, analyses, communicates complex numerical information and relays it to customers and staff in writing and/or over the telephone / face to face.
- Understands and uses robust and accurate financial control mechanisms.
- Ability to deliver presentations and/or information verbally to individuals and /or groups of people.
- Payroll professional ideally with Local Government and/or education sector experience.
- Experience of SAP would be an advantage.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Payroll & Pension Liaison Manager – Human Resources
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.