- Pay Rate:
£19.87 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6 months
- CATFORD, LONDON,
Payroll Officer - Financial
Reference no: Lewisham 0006 F82A / 1
Pay rate £19.87 per hour PAYE
Payroll Officer, to manage a portfolio of local government employees. The role will involve entering payroll input including, starters, leavers, change of hours, and additional payments
- Be conversant with the various conditions of service, relating to pay, applied to the Council’s highly varied workforce
- Be conversant with the rules and regulations covering the calculation and deduction of Income Tax, National Insurance contributions, Pension contributions, Statutory Sick Pay and Statutory Maternity Pay.
- Liaise with HMRC, DWP and any other external organisations completing relevant paperwork and request when required
- Calculate actual and estimated employees remuneration (together with details of corresponding whole time salaries and wages where appropriate) to provide the pensions section with accurate information for the calculation of pension benefits.
- Administer and co-ordinate input on a range of procedures
- Liaise with Employee Services staff to clarify information or to question the validity of the data being submitted.
- Scrutinise payroll system output reports and compares documents with data entered into the system to identify anomalies.
- Resolve reconciliation queries by comparing detailed data to identify errors
- Work flexibly and proactively with colleagues across HR services and with service managers to deliver in a responsive customer focussed way and to deliver the desired culture across the organisation(s). Contributing to the development of selfservice.
- Undertake system testing when required
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Knowledge of Oracle Payroll
- Knowledge of PAYE and National insurance
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Knowledge of Teachers Pensions and LGPS
- Clear experience of using multiple software systems and standard accounting packages for processing business tasks and information, and running related reports
- Experience of dealing effectively with customers face to face and on the telephone
- Experience of using Microsoft Office software suite, Fusion HCM system, and other desktop IT applications including spreadsheet functions
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Ability to develop and maintain a positive working climate, good morale and cooperation respecting diverse backgrounds
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Payroll Officer - Financial
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.