- Pay Rate:
£11.39 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2 months
- Ellesmere Port, Cheshire,
Temporary Payroll Administrator x 3 – Finance/HR
Reference no: W Cheshire 5234116
Pay Rate: £11.39 per hour PAYE
37 hours Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2 months
City: Ellesmere Port, Cheshire
The Payroll Administrator will ensure that employees are paid accurately and on time in line with schedules and statutory requirements and that employees are correctly contracted within agreed policies and procedures.
They will ensure the day-to-day work of Recruitment and Pay is progressed accordingly within timescales and problems identified are solved and escalated when necessary.
- Update employment and salary information on employee records, ensuring accuracy and completeness. Conduct regular checks to ensure the integrity of the data held and update the information as necessary.
- Ensure accurate payroll information is available to support payments made to HMRC, pension providers and other statutory bodies.
- Undertake research as directed on specific areas of work collating and presenting information for use by senior staff.
- Identify and, where appropriate, solve problems making recommendations for action to more senior members of staff.
- Mentor newly appointed officers to ensure that they are competent to undertake the required tasks of their jobs.
- Deal with enquiries from employees, external customers, and agencies by telephone or in writing as required.
- Contribute to the development and introduction of best practice and new ways of working in administrative practices and procedures to ensure positive, accurate and timely information delivered in the most effective manner.
- Contribute to the Service's development and use of relevant databases, integrated systems data, by working in partnership with colleagues, to ensure the integrity and consistency of data and to facilitate accurate, prompt, and easy extraction, manipulation, and presentation of that data.
- Notwithstanding the detail in this job description, the job holder will undertake such work as may be determined by the Manager from time to time, up to or at a level consistent with the Principal Responsibilities of the job.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via job[email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Minimum of 4 GCSE’s including Maths and English.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Experience of working in a payroll environment.
- Demonstrable record of meeting deadlines under pressure.
- Experience of good customer care practice.
- Able to work on own initiative.
- Knowledge of terms and conditions of employment and statutory legislation
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Payroll Administrator x 3 – Finance/HR
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.