- Pay Rate:
£10.90 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 9-10 months
- Portsmouth, Hampshire,
Payroll Admin Assistant – Financial Services
Reference no: Portsmouth 5234437
Pay Rate: £10.90 per hour PAYE
37 hours Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 9-10 months
City: Portsmouth, Hampshire
The successful candidate will be working within the Payroll and Pension Team in Financial Services, the main responsibilities of this role are assisting with the accurate data entry of payroll information into the council's payroll system within agreed timetables. You will also be responsible for post payroll checking and will be expected to understand the statutory payroll rules.
- Processing of new starters and leavers.
- Input of permanent and temporary data whilst adhering to the Local Government and Teachers terms and Conditions whilst adhering to monthly payroll deadlines.
- The manual calculation of overpayments and pay advances.
- Dealing with employee queries both written and verbal.
- The application and maintenance of Court Orders.
- Dealing with queries from third parties, HMRC, DWP and Courts in a timely manner.
- Assisting with the on boarding of new external clients
- Liaise with the pensions team ensuring starter and leaver notifications are sent in a timely manner.
- Adhoc payroll duties.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarify.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Experience of working in 'payroll'.
- Accurate and speedy data entry skills.
- Sound knowledge of tax, NICs and pensions.
- Understand the end to end payroll processes.
- Customer focused and understand the confidentiality aspects of the service,
- Confident with the use of IT and be keen to use the latest technology, as you will be using the Oracle EBS HR/Payroll system on a daily basis as well as Microsoft Office applications and outlook
- Good standard of literacy and numeracy.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and good interpersonal skills in order to be able to communicate effectively with our internal departments and respond to supplier enquiries.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Payroll Admin Assistant x 2– Financial Services
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.