- Pay Rate:
£25.72 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 8-9 months
Pathways To Teaching Adult Learning Tutor - Education
Reference no: Halton RQ722002,RQ722001,RQ721999,RQ721997
Pay rate £25.72 per hour PAYE
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let me know and we can send you some additional information for clarify
As a tutor on the programme you will deliver the underpinning knowledge needed by teachers and support your learners through their assessment activities to a successful conclusion to their studies. You will also be involved in preparing them to progress to higher levels of study and may be involved in supporting learners on their teaching placement. The role involves working across a number of sites to support the residents of the Liverpool City Region as they take their first steps into teaching. Through the Pathways programme you will work with learners to ensure they develop the basic underpinning knowledge, skills and entry level qualifications as they progress into employment or to continue their journey into Further Education. Working under the direction of the Curriculum Manager and the Quality and Learner Experience Manager, the post holder will be responsible for the design and delivery of quality accredited learning programmes. The key duties include planning, delivery, assessment and monitoring of the learning outcomes and achievements of adult learners participating in the Pathways programme
- Work as part of the Employment, Learning and Skills Division, delivering the Pathways to Teaching project to adults from a wide variety of backgrounds and in a range of community venues across the City Region.
- Provide mentoring and support to trainee tutors within the Adult Learning sector, ensuring they develop the knowledge and skills to become effective Adult Learning Tutors
- Be involved in promoting learning programmes to potential learners and to partner organisations across the City Region.
- Prepare learning programmes, including production of session plans and schemes of work for those programmes delivered.
- Maintain other records in line with the requirements of the Education Inspection Framework – registers, contact logs, learner feedback, etc.
- Monitor learner progress and achievements including assignments and national tests/assessments in accordance with awarding body requirements and offer learners advice/information about the next steps.
- Evaluate learning programmes and produce termly reports on the strengths and weaknesses of provision.
- Deliver sessions with enthusiasm and sound, up to date knowledge.
- Be aware of the needs of learners and respond accordingly within the teaching environment, for example, provision of specialist resources and implementation of the Equality Act 2010.
- Work in partnership with other tutors across other Local Authorities within the City Region, for example, within Children’s Centres, Early Years, Further Education, Community and Voluntary Sector, local companies, etc
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- ***Qualification details and all other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) - please give full details within your CV document.
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Strong IT skills using Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Pathways To Teaching Adult Learning Tutor - Education
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.