- Pay Rate:
£16.13 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 4 months
- Glenfield, Leicestershire,
Temporary Passenger Transport Review & Technical Manager
Job Ref: Leicestershire TCL 0008 29AD / 1
Pay Rate: £16.13 per hour PAYE
Hours per week: 35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
Role Length: This opening assignment is for 4 months
City: Glenfield, Leicestershire
The purpose of the role is to assist in the effective, efficient and legally compliant delivery of passenger transport services. This post will include project planning, management and implementation involving close liaison with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensure that the services are delivered for the benefit of the people of Leicestershire.
- Maintain positive and cooperative working relationships with customers and colleagues within the team and across the service.
- Ensure activities are delivered in the most efficient and effective manner as possible.
- Assist in developing appropriate new systems and processes to deliver efficient transport.
- Assist with developing & implementing necessary ICT facilities within the established project group and the Transport Operations service.
- Assist the Team Manager in the review and development of business processes.
- Implement new processes and systems following on from the reviews above.
- To manage and administer the revenue collection process, including managing payment defaults and communicating with non-paying customers to recoup debts, escalating where necessary.
- Assist in the transport appeals process, including reviewing and formally responding to appeals on behalf of the Council.
- Such other duties as required by the Team Managers commensurate with the duties of the post.
- Responsible for protecting and managing information securely, and reporting breaches or suspected information security breaches, in line with Council policies.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via job[email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- BTEC Higher or equivalent in relevant field plus relevant experience.
- Degree or equivalent relevant qualification plus experience.
Skills & Experience:
- Experience negotiating with external contractors
- Working collaboratively with partners and influencing outcomes.
- Analysis of statistical information of a complex nature.
- Compilation of performance and/or other management statistics.
- Experience working within a contract management environment.
- Experience co-ordinating and ensuring efficient operation of transport services.
- Experience implementing continuous improvements in a service provision.
- Project Management skills.
- Business Process Re-engineering skills.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
- Sound knowledge of legislation relevant to transport provision including the Transport Acts 1985 and 2000.
- Knowledge of Leicestershire County Council’s Policies and Procedures in relation to Transport services.
- Working knowledge of databases, including bespoke systems.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Passenger Transport Review & Technical Manager
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.