- Pay Rate:
£14.50 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday to Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3-4 months
- NOTTINGHAM, Nottinghamshire
Temporary Parent and Family Worker x8- Parenting Team
Reference no: Nottinghamshire TCL 0008 3241 / 1
Pay rate: £14.50 per hour PAYE
Hours per week: 37 Monday to Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3-4 months
City: NOTTINGHAM, Nottinghamshire
Positions available across three teams based in Ollerton, Sutton in Ashfield and Arnold
Enhanced DBS required for this role
The purpose of this role is to carry out specialist assessments and to deliver structured interventions to children, young people and families and deliver time limited interventions to support families. This could include helping them to build routines and boundaries, deal with family conflict and reduce safeguarding concerns. Families are normally open to either Social Care or another Lead Professional who has completed a family assessment and have requested some direct work with the family. The role can also involve assessments of parenting for adult with a learning disability.
- Overseeing and coordinating assessment of cases that may require onward referral for specialist assessment by Community Paediatricians.
- Carrying out direct observations of children to contribute towards the assessment process. Complete specialist assessments of children, young people, parents, carers and families in line with service guidance.
- Help to deliver evidence based parenting groups and programmes such as Solihull Parenting, Non-Violent Resistance or 123 Magic or a range of workshops focused on parenting children and young people.
- Liaising with a variety of other professionals to ensure that all relevant information is included in the assessment prior to referral to Community Paediatricians.
- Working with children who have a diagnosis of ADHD or ASD or have behaviours indicative of these conditions and their families and other agencies across a range of services, to assess their support needs and draw up, implement and review support plans in line with the aims of the service.
- Working alongside children and their parents/carers in their homes and in group work settings, offering practical and emotional support and creative responses to their needs.
- Plan and deliver structured packages graduated parenting interventions to children, young people, parents, carers and families in line with service guidance.
- Keep timely and accurate records of work, including running records and the entry of data as specified.
- Attend multi agency meetings.
- Undertake any necessary administrative duties.
- Work to deliver the targets set down in the service and team business plan.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via job[email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Hold 5 GCSEs at level A*-C (including English) or equivalent.
Experience & Knowledge:
- A minimum of two years’ experience of working with children, young people and their families (either paid or voluntary) and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Experience of delivering groupwork in a variety of settings.
- Experience of undertaking specialist parenting assessments.
- Experience of managing challenging situations.
- Understanding of child development, effective parenting and attachment theory.
Skills & Abilities:
- A high level of personal drive and commitment to excellent customer care and the ability to set an example for other staff.
- Strong interpersonal skills to gain the agreement and acceptance of others including colleagues, senior managers and customers.
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems to meet operational targets, involving devising solutions and prioritising the resources available.
- Ability to meet agreed objectives and delivery targets by the effective use of resources.
- Full driving licence (unless registered disabled).
- Able to work unsocial hours, including evenings and weekends, in line with service needs.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
Full Driving licence, access to a vehicle or access to means of mobility support.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Parent and Family Worker x8- Parenting Team
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.