- Pay Rate:
Up to £47,665 per annum depending on experience
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
- Stafford, Staffordshire,
Interim Organisational Development Partner – Human Resources
Reference no: Staffordshire 5218027
Up to £47,665 per annum depending on experience
This Role will have an office based in Stafford but currently hybrid working so majority of time will be spent remote working
The purpose of the role is to contribute to the development of the OD Service, being an active member to ensure that the operational solutions delivered align with strategic ambitions. As part of OD Service support the development and implementation of corporate policies, procedures and strategies to support efficiency savings, flexibility, change and continuous improvement.
- Provide the operational interface to middle and senior managers through the provision of quality guidance and support in developing and progressing OD solutions to achieve business objectives.
- Be a key advocate for developing employee engagement, creating a range of engagement approaches and activities into all OD solutions.
- Promote health and well being as part of employee engagement, integrating into all operational OD solutions wherever possible.
- In conjunction with the OD Consultant contribute towards the development of an Organisational Development centre of excellence.
- Operationally deliver OD interventions and related projects that support the over arching strategic ambitions of service areas to improve capability and to embed the council’s values and associated behaviours.
- Ensure OD strategy meets business need and transformational change across the organisation.
- Support the implementation of all aspects of the OD strategy and related projects to improve capability and to embed the council’s values and associated behaviours.
- Identify and use opportunities to champion the OD agenda and act as an ambassador; role modelling behaviours consistent with our values and the development of an organisational culture that promotes involvement, capability and quality across the organisation.
- Demonstrate strategic thinking to challenge and influence thinking and behaviours and excellent partnership working skills.
- Our OD Partners play a key role in the success of organisational change.
- Build productive relationships with business stakeholders and help support manager to prepare the organisation for change in order to realise maximum benefits and to mitigate any negative impacts to both internal staff and external customers.
- Provide support and coaching advice to help them instil change in their teams, as well as directly supporting project teams during the transition period.
- Aim to minimise the negative effects and maximise the benefits of organisational change by identifying the impact on people, getting them ready for change, and handling any resistance to change.
- They will bring expertise of organisational development techniques and approaches and be confident to apply these to support our change organisation.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Degree or equivalent level qualification or experience.
- Chartered Member CIPD or relevant alternative qualification or experience.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Experience and knowledge of OD/change management principles, diagnostics and methodologies and techniques, in particular whole systems thinking.
- At least 3 years experience of delivering OD interventions on Change Programmes.
- Good all round technical OD knowledge and experience covering both theory and practice.
- Commercial acumen as well as public sector knowledge – ability to interpret and anticipate trends.
- OD knowledge for analysing people issues affecting business performance.
- Have sufficient and demonstrable experience to contribute to OD Strategy development for relevant services.
- Experience of working with senior managers and specialists to develop appropriate OD interventions to help improve organisational performance
- Proven experience of delivering outcomes through effective matrix management and working General knowledge of Public Sector policy developments.
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to foster and champion innovation, leading to the successful commissioning of innovative best in class services, further enhancing the County Council’s reputation.
- Politically aware, with a general understanding of the current challenges facing local government and Staffordshire County Council in particular, coupled with financial and commercial awareness.
- Ability to build relationships quickly.
- Able to work with and analyse data and MI drawing reasoned and evidenced conclusions
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Organisational Development Partner – Human Resources
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.