- Pay Rate:
£11.18 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
- Bideford, Devon,
Temporary Operational Services Administrator – Waste Services
Reference no: Torridge 5227442
Pay Rate: £11.18 per hour PAYE
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
The purpose of the role is to provide administrative support to the Operational Services Manager and Officer on a range of functions. To assist in the efficient and effective delivery of all aspects of Waste Management including close contacts with all internal and external stakeholders.
- Receive electronic, telephone and written enquiries/complaints from members of the public, councillors, TDC Officers, area offices, other authorities and outside agencies on all aspects of Waste Management. Log complaints on in house systems
- Respond to enquiries/complaints appropriately giving regard to urgency, public safety and procedure.
- In the absence of the Operational Services Officer deal with minor/medium complaints that are sensitive and/or emotive.
- Arrange and document requests of service including the collection of household bulky items and household assisted collections.
- Input waste management vehicle fuel receipts and validate/reconcile against purchasing card statements monthly.
- Input weighbridge tickets for all TDC vehicles and validate/reconcile against spread sheet from waste disposal authority monthly.
- File check and record all driver hour records
- Assist the Operational Services Officer with displays on roadshows, promoting the use of green wheelie bins, compost bins, dry recycling receptacles.
- Update Waste Management web pages.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Minimum of 4 GCSE’s at Grade C or above or equivalent, including Maths and English.
- NVQ Level 2 Business Administration or equivalent relevant qualification.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Administering a petty cash system.
- Reconcile financial data, including fuel receipts purchasing card statements.
- Working in an office/clerical environment.
- Experience of dealing with a range of enquiries both on the telephone and face to face.
- Good level of communication skills both written and verbal.
- Excellent record keeping skills.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Operational Services Administrator – Waste Services
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.