- Pay Rate:
£17.89 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35-37 Monday - Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 1-2 months
Temporary Occupational Therapy Technician / Handyman
Reference no: Darlington 6371214819773
Pay Rate: £17.89 per hour PAYE
Hours per week: 35-37 Monday - Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 1-2 months
DBS disclosure required
The Postholder will work as part of the Social Services Occupational Therapy Team to support clients in their own homes or to support service users returning home from hospital. The emphasis is on the provision of equipment and minor adaptations to promote rehabilitation and independence within service users homes.
- Supply and fit adaptations as assessed and recommended by the requisitioner.
- Ensure that adaptations meet the appropriate technical specifications in conjunction with the requisitioner.
- Deliver and fit equipment as assessed and recommended by the requisitioner.
- Contribute to the design, construction or alteration of one-off items of equipment or minor adaptations to meet specific client needs.
- Ensure client's safe and appropriate use of equipment/adaptations provided.
- Observe client progress/performance and record within the electronic database. Report any change to the requisitioner.
- Ensure safe handling of tools and equipment and safe working environments i.e. in the client's home, in the workshop.
- Be responsible for safe storage of materials and tools in line with COSHH and Health & Safety Regulations.
- In conjunction with the other OT's and line manager, develop and maintain an appropriate stock control system.
- Develop standardised approach to technical specifications in conjunction with other OT's and line managers.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Time serviced apprenticeship or Level 1 City & Guilds/NVQ in joinery or equivalent
- 'O' Level in English and Maths or equivalent. (desirable)
- Current Driving License
- Knowledge of minor/major adaptations in the home. (desirable)
- Knowledge of Health and Safety at Work legislation. (desirable)
- Proven awareness of safe working
- Experience of all aspects of joinery work
- Experience of working with people who have a disability. (desirable)
- Experience of working as part of a team. (desirable)
Skills & Abilities:
- Good time management skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- IT Skills. (desirable)
- Ability to build rapport with clients and external agencies.
- Be able to problem solve
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Occupational Therapy Technician / Handyman
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.