- Pay Rate:
£10.90 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 1-2 months
Temporary Nursery Assistant x2
Reference no: Newcastle 6122014776710
Pay Rate: £10.90 per hour PAYE
Hours per week: 35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 1-2 months
Enhanced DBS disclosure required
Full and/or part time hours available in a busy day care setting
A Nursery Assistant is required to join the team and provide a happy, safe and stimulating environment for the children. To assist with the planning of educational activates, taking care of the children's personal needs, supervising the children and ensuring their safety.
- Contribute to planning and implement a quality curriculum that encompasses high quality childcare practice within a framework of equal opportunities.
- Liaise with other professionals and agencies to ensure each child achieves their maximum potential.
- Take care of the children's personal needs.
- Supervise the children and ensure their safety.
- Keep records up to date and work as part of a team and to contribute a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for children placed in the nursery.
- Adhere to Childcare’s Policies and Procedures.
- Work within National Legislation and adopted guidance on good practice within childcare settings. Work in partnership with parents/carers encouraging links with the wider community.
- Work effectively and co-operatively as part of a team to ensure the smooth running of the nursery, actively participate in the consultation process, attend staff/team meetings and training days within normal working hours.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- NVQ Level 2 in Early Years or equivalent.
- Experience of working in a childcare setting throughout the 0-5 years range.
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
Skills & Abilities:
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Nursery Assistant x2
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.