- Pay Rate:
£14.43 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working ours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- Croft, Leicestershire,
Temporary NRSWA Inspector - Highways & Transportation
Job Ref: Leicestershire 0008 1CC3 / 1
Pay Rate: £14.43 per hour PAYE
Hours per week: 35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working ours
Role Length: This opening assignment is for 3 months
City: Croft, Leicestershire
The role is Hybrid but the inspection process is Leicestershire so needs to be close by and available to support inspections as needed. The manager will be expecting office attendance at least once a week.
The NRSWA Inspector role is to support the delivery of the Council’s responsibility and the function of the Network Management Service by inspecting activities carried out on the highway in relation to regulations, statutory guidance and codes of practice, to ensure compliance and when necessary, take actions and apply penalties to enforce these controls.
- Ensure that the services are delivered for the benefit of the people of Leicestershire.
- Maintain positive and cooperative working relationships with customers and colleagues within the team and across the service.
- Ensure activities are delivered in the most efficient and effective manner as possible.
- Support the Network Coordinator to manage enquiries, requests for information, negotiation and disputes
- Inspect, report on and take remedial action on any reported network issues, as instructed or notified by Network Coordinator or Technician.
- Arrange meetings with works promoters, or their contractors, to discuss planning or actions required by Network Management
- Support the coordination process through dialogue or meetings, on site if required, with a works promoter to discuss and agree any actions or controls for the works.
- Collect evidence to support the application of any action and associated sanction, as a result of inspections.
- Investigate, report and follow up remedial action on any damage to highway infrastructure caused by contractors during their work. Liaise with the Network Coordinator to apply the relevant notifications to works promoter for their required action.
- Represent the Council where evidence is required in association with Court cases.
- To undertake routine sample inspections (NRSWA Category A,B &C) of works carried out by utility (street works) and Highways (roadworks).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via job[email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
Full, valid driving licence and access to a vehicle.
- NVQ4 or equivalent, e.g. BTEC Higher in Civil Engineering.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Experience working within the highways maintenance or civil engineering sectors.
- Experience communicating with a range of audiences, including presentation and telephone skills.
- Experience working with utility providers.
- Experience Resolving conflict situations.
- Experience interpreting and writing technical and non-technical reports and providing technical advice or drawings.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong IT skills using Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
- Knowledge of current highways legislation, including the New Roads & Street Works Act and the Highway Act.
- Knowledge of highway inspection procedures and standards.
- Knowledge of traffic management legislation and practice.
- Knowledge of highways Act and CDM regulations.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
NRSWA Inspector - Highways & Transportation
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.