- Pay Rate:
£120.00 per day PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 9 months
- North Greenwich, London,
Temporary Non-Permanent Labour Advisor/Payroll/HR
Reference no: TL 0006 D8ED / 1
Pay Rate: £120.00 per day PAYE
Please note that the pay rate for this role is likely to be uplifted to reflect a higher than standard holiday allocation
Hybrid working available - 2/3 days in the office – as and when business needs after initial training. The candidate will start 5 days a week in the office.
This role is responsible for supporting the Payroll Support Manager and NPL Recruitment Team. Responsibilities include ensuring the integrity of the data in HR record’s is accurate by reviewing regular reports from SAP/Excel and responding to payroll queries when required and providing advice to the business on timesheet/payroll related queries where necessary.
- Ensure that all relevant correspondence to contractors and managers is delivered in a timely, accurate and customer focussed way, supporting the delivery of a positive recruitment experience.
- To assist with the NPL team inbox by providing guidance and advice on all payroll queries and other general enquiries.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service skills and support the team with phone calls.
- Ensure all NPL team processes are carried out efficiently, on time and support other Pay & Data coordinators.
- Assist with the timely and accurate reporting of all NPL related activity ensuring collation and input into management information systems.
- Assist with the managing the entire process for Single Source Justifications. This includes liaising with the business, commercial team.
- Assist with regular quality assurance checks to ensure data in SAP is accurate.
- Communicate with the business to manage contract end dates and extensions to ensure they are delivered in a timely fashion.
- Communicate to the business and suppliers when there are early timesheet deadlines.
- Resolve issues relating to timesheets where necessary.
- Contribute to HR’s commitment to ensure that all aspects of the employment experience is positive, understood and continuously improving to deliver engaged employees and a higher performing organisation.
- Ensure that all aspects of delivery demonstrate and deliver improvement in commitment to promote equality in all people related practices and policies and aim to provide a work environment free from discrimination, unfair treatment therefore providing equal opportunity for all employees.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- GCSE in at least five subjects (at grade C or above) including Mathematics and English, or equivalent.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Experience of dealing with timesheets
- Experience of working to deadlines.
- Experience of working in a fast paced environment.
- Experience of communicating (orally and in writing) clearly and effectively with people from different backgrounds
- Strong administrative experience.
- Demonstrable experience of working in a team, as well as individually.
- Proactive, self-motivated and committed individual who is prepared to go the extra mile when required.
- A sound knowledge and understanding of timesheet processing.
- Working knowledge of SAP & XMS system – Desirable.
Skills & Abilities:
- Good organisational skills and an ability to diagnose and analyse problems/issues and proactively contribute to their solution.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with people from different backgrounds and at all levels .
- A high degree of inter-personal skills is essential, in an environment where conflicting priorities can result in delays and failures, to ensure that no deadlines are ever missed.
- Ability to analyse information from a variety of sources and prioritise actions appropriately.
- Ability to provide suitable solutions based on information available.
- Excellent standard of written communication, verbal and numerical reasoning.
- Intermediate in EXCEL, ability to do Vlookup, Pivot & basic formulas.
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Non-Permanent Labour Advisor/Payroll/HR
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.