- Pay Rate:
£29.60 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 1 month until further notice
- Catford, London,
Interim Net Zero Carbon Manager x 2 - Housing & Regeneration
Reference no: Lewisham 0005 E090 / 1
Pay Rate: £29.60 per hour PAYE
Hybrid working available
The purpose of the role is to lead delivery of borough-wide retrofit programmes in support of the Council’s ambition for Lewisham to be net zero carbon by 2030. Secure and deliver investment to decarbonise social housing, the corporate estate, schools and other buildings.
Also, develop an evidenced-based approach to decarbonisation across Lewisham based on an understanding of the borough’s buildings, available technological solutions and existing and new funding opportunities.
- Provide technical and expert knowledge in relation to low and zero carbon technologies and on sustainable design and construction, supporting delivery of strategic planning policy, the Council’s housing delivery and wider regeneration programmes and key local developments.
- Develop and implement plans for heat networks in the borough working with partners to secure investment and a delivery structures to deliver on the borough’s energy master-plans.
- Delivers targets from the Council’s Corporate Strategy and Lewisham’s Climate Emergency Action Plan.
- Takes an evidence-based approach to accelerating the delivering of retrofit across Lewisham’s building stock.
- Identifies and secures resources to fund retrofit through partner engagement and successful bids for external funding.
- Lead delivery of a Net Zero Carbon Schools Programme working with schools, Children and Young People’s Directorate and the Capital Programmes Delivery team
- Reduce energy demand and the performance of buildings on energy efficiency and ventilation;
- Align a programme of works for schools based on building requirements, available funding and opportunities to maximise the impact of the Public Sector Decarbonisation Fund for the borough;
- Work alongside the Capital Programme Delivery team to decarbonise the Council’s corporate estate, developing and agreeing a fully-costed delivery plan for the estate embedded within the Council’s strategic plans for the estate as a whole including in relation to climate change adaptation.
- Develop opportunities for decentralised energy, including working with central and regional government, developers and other stakeholders to facilitate and maximise the deployment of networks across the borough.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Masters qualification in a relevant environmental or sustainability discipline or substantial relevant experience.
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Significant experience of net zero carbon, energy efficiency or building retrofit programmes.
- Significant experience of working in a planning context on energy and sustainability issues.
- Experience of personally managing large scale projects and successfully delivering a range of benefits.
- Substantial knowledge of international, national and regional legislation and policy on climate change, carbon, energy and environmental issues and the implications these have at a local level.
- Substantial technical and practical knowledge of energy and carbon reduction technology and the retrofitting of housing (S).
- A technical understanding of decentralised energy, low and zero carbon technologies, planning policy and sustainable design and construction.
- An appreciation of the commercial opportunities for local authorities on sustainability, energy and carbon.
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of legislative developments and research trends, developments, contractual arrangements and best practice in relation to sustainability, climate change, energy efficiency.
Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent analytical, mathematical, and creative problem-solving skills.
- Highly effective written and oral communication skills across a range of styles, and the ability to present complex information clearly and concisely with the ability to adjust communication styles to meet the needs of different audiences.
- Excellent programme management skills and the ability to achieve high quality outcomes across complex programmes of work that involve a variety of stakeholders.
- Staff management skills.
- Excellent stakeholder and management skills.
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills.
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Net Zero Carbon Manager x 2 - Housing & Regeneration
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.