- Pay Rate:
£10.90 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37.50 Monday – Friday 7am to 2.30pm
This opening assignment is for 3-4 months
- Newton Heath, Manchester,
Temporary Neighbourhood Operative Level – Manual Labour
Reference no: Manchester TCL 0008 4A16 / 1
Pay Rate: £10.90 per hour PAYE
Hours per week: 37.50 Monday – Friday 7am to 2.30pm
Role Length: This opening assignment is for 3-4 months
City: Newton Heath, Manchester
The role will be working outside on roadside verges and parks regardless of weather conditions
The purpose of the role is to work as part of a ground’s maintenance team carrying out tasks with hand mowers, strimmers, blowers, hedge cutters etc (full training can be provided). The role holder will provide high quality, customer focused, flexible and timely operational support to the direct benefit of the local population.
- Deal efficiently and courteously with enquiries from members of the public providing effective and accurate information and advice on a range of council services, escalating queries where appropriate.
- carry out on site Ground Maintenance tasks including grass cutting, shrub reduction and litter collections.
- Use a range of equipment to undertake duties, ensuring that the local environment is effectively and efficiently utilised and maintained.
- Undertake duties in a safe and responsible manner, in accordance with established health and safety requirements, legislation and City Council policies, practices and procedures.
- Work in partnership with external agencies, organisations and other city council services to deliver a wide range of services.
- Personal commitment to continuous self development and service improvement.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
C1 driving license or equivalent.
New entries to this role would need to hold the following higher-level qualifications or be willing to work towards achieving them:
- PA1, PA6.
- Use of tractor with mower and side arm flail.
- NVQ Amenity Horticulture.
- Use of chainsaw and chipper.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Neighbourhood Operative x 2 – Manual Labour
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.