- Pay Rate:
£18.07 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- Ealing, London,
Temporary Neighbourhood Housing Officer - Housing, Benefits & Planning
Reference no: Ealing 6274-1
Pay Rate: £18.07 per hour PAYE
Basic DBS disclosure required for this role
The purpose of the role is to provide support to residents across a range of tenures throughout the lifetime of their tenancies/leases. Maximise income collection through proactive management of arrears
- Provide clear, pragmatic and customer centred housing services on behalf of the Council and any housing provider aligned to the housing service.
- Proactively manage housing assets, anticipate the needs of residents and contribute to a safe neighbourhood.
- Work as part of a team to deliver excellence, solve problems and deliver value for residents.
- Provide support, advice and ownership of resident complaints, resolving where possible and coordinating where shared across services and departments
- Maximise income collection across the range of tenures through proactive monitoring and management of customer accounts, making use of legal remedies where appropriate.
- Promote inclusion, cohesion and active citizenship in the neighbourhood – helping to shape opportunities and resident engagement.
- Act as an ambassador for the Council, its services and those who provide services on its behalf – support residents to navigate and access services specific to their needs and vulnerabilities.
- Promote and manage the safety of residents and assets through proactive monitoring, and responsive activity to emerging risk.
- Apply housing knowledge and experience to manage varied tenure types – this includes but is not limited to: rents, voids, tenancy, allocations, leasehold, shared ownership, repairs and maintenance, compliance and safety, regeneration, and other similar duties that ensure the Council manages its residents and properties.
- Deliver coordinated resident services as part of a multi-disciplinary team. This could include duty, home visits, planned and reactive appointments, estate inspections, public meetings etc.
- Maintain accurate and retrievable records of key actions and decisions.
- Draft, plan and issue reports and correspondence on behalf of the service as part of an integrated management function that manages property and tenancies
- Deliver housing services across disciplines (i.e. rents, tenancy, leasehold) working autonomously in at least one area.
- Support and encourage resident involvement and active citizen activities in the local neighbourhoods.
- Work with Tenancy Sustainment Officers to coordinate a multi-disciplinary approach to vulnerable residents.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- GCSE qualifications or equivalent (including English and Maths).
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
- Experience of delivering customer care to a diverse community.
- Sufficient housing management experience to feel confident delivering a range of housing services to residents across varied tenure types.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues to achieve positive outcomes.
- Ability to work confidently with IT software packages – e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a range of stakeholders, both orally and in writing.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Neighbourhood Housing Officer - Housing, Benefits & Planning
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.